Sign in to follow this  
Cupcake85

Anyone lose weight after surgery?

Has anyone lost 20 or more kgs after surgery? I want to lose another 32kgs most of it is baby weight plus a bit extra too. I know it's recommended to be 5 - 10kgs of your ideal weight prior to surgery but my partner gets 2.5 weeks off work over Xmas and I can't help but feel with him already home it would be a good time for surgery in late December.

hey cupcakes I have been worried about not getting down to my goal weight to get my boobs. I have the money sitting there and finished breastfeeding 2 weeks ago now its just losing the weight that worries me. I was told you had to be at your goal weight to get them, did your doc say its ok to be 5-10kg out?? I am giving it another week and then will send the photos to the 3 surgeons that I like but I think that I will be roughly 5kg off where I want to be by the time surgery roles around.

One said 5kgs of goal weight another said 10kgs. If I was to have surgery in December I would be at least 20kgs off goal weight (have to be realistic about how much I can lose before December). Arghh it's perfect timing with my fiancée already having 2.5 weeks off work.

I haven't lost weight after surgery but I did lose 25kilos before surgery and my boobs took a massive hit, basically what inspired me to get my BA in the first place. Even though it would be much more convenient to get the done while your hubby's off I would wit until you have lost the weigh otherwise if yu get them now and then lose weight they will probably change a lot and you would end up wanting another BA to fix them

I would wait until you get closer to your goal. I'd hate for you to get them now (give or take a few kgs) cos the weight loss could make the implants drop I would imagine. I've just lost 22kgs and still have a couple to go to goal and happy weight. But I was happy getting them now cos I know my boobs couldn't possibly get any worse.