Sign in to follow this  
smazzy

Sharp pains in one boob?

Did anyone experience sharp pains in either/both boobs post BA? It's been about 31/2 weeks since my surgery but I've only been back at work this week so it could just be my muscles being sore from all the sudden activity?

My GP said it's just muscle pain but it's a sharp pain, almost feels like my boob has a stitch :p Like the ones you get from sport. Should I be concerned?

Hi smazzy, I'm 14 days post op today and I'm experiencing a similar pain. Quite sharpe just above my incision, but internally, not like a skin pain, but like a second row of stitches inside and it's pulling. My mum, who's a nurse, said that they tie off the stitches inside at one end and that end can sometimes be thicker and pull a bit as it heals.. I'm not sure if your pain is near your stitches area or not?

I find mine is more sore if I lean forward or twist. I think you'll find its just from your increased activity and your body still healing. My PS said it was a normal pain, if your worried just ring your PS and ask :) when in doubt..

Sharp stabbing pains normally is the nerves regenerating and getting feeling again. I suffered from really bad pain in one boob for about 4 months post op. occasionally I still get little niggles. They do say sensations/ nerves can take 12 months to get back to normal

Best thing to do is give it a firm rub in the area to help and a nice warm shower.