Sign in to follow this  
Melb84

Tavakoli Consultation for BA & Vaser Liposuction - the truth hurts!

Hi Guys,

So I recently took the plunge and hopped on a jet plane to visit Tavakoli's clinic in Sydney. The staff were really lovely, and I found Dr Tavakoli to be pleasant and reasonably informative. I went there to get further information about vaser liposuction to the hips/thighs/buttocks and a possible breast augmentation.

I'm roughly 160cm / 60 kilos and I carry most of my weight in these areas. I was surprised to hear that Tavakoli would not perform vaser liposuction on my buttocks, and this part of my body was not inspected during the consultation. If my thighs were slimmed down, then my behind would be out of balance and I still wouldn't be able to fit into smaller sized jeans, so it made no sense to me and his explanation wasn't very clear. Has anyone ever been refused this? I had assumed that most people would have a bit suctioned out of this area if they had fat removed from their thighs/hips? It's a huge amount of money to spend on liposuction and I have seen some before/afters photos where it's not even noticeable that the patient has had fat removed. I'd hate to have only a small amount of fat removed from only my thighs and hips, while my backside is still not able to squeeze into size 10 jeans.

As for the BA consult, I'm a B cup and slightly on the droopy side. I knew there was a mild drop in both my breasts, but I didn't expect that I would require a lift! I'm only 28! Dr Tavakoli said that he would not perform a lift since I'm in my late 20's and could possibly have children. His suggestion was to either do nothing to my breasts and wait until after I have kids to do a breast lift and augmentation or I could do an augmentation now and choose high profile implants that will lift them slightly. My preference is for the latter, but I can't help but think that I would be unsatisfied with the outcome if they were still a bit saggy afterwards.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I'd love to hear from you!

Well, that's sucks... but at least he is being honest with you. I am 23 and having a breast lift and implants on the 26th of November.. My husband and I aren't planning on having children for 4 to 5 years and I was advised in my consult I would probably need a revision after I finished breastfeeding.

hi melb84,

does he just not do it on the buttocks at all or just didn't recommend it for you? could you call him and ask him to explain his reasons?

like i've said in a previous post i'm having it done in november, but not to that area. i actually really like my bum and asked my dr if my bum would 'fall' if i had fat taken out of my upper thighs and he said no because of some muscle that wouldn't be effected, i don't really understand all the medical talk. i am a little concerned, like you, that it will be out of proportion but i'm going to go over that before i have it done. my main concern are my lower thighs so i'm happy if not a great deal is taken out of my upper thighs, and i'm given more shape in my legs. currently my lower thighs are quite chunky, always have been, so i'm hoping to get the majority taken from there.

if you can wait a few months you could follow my progress, but if you're anything like me you want it done yesterday haha if i was you i would probably give him a call and have a chat over the phone, or maybe even consult another dr.