Sign in to follow this  
WhingingPom

Revision made left breast worse :(

Hey girls,

I had my revision for 'capsular contracture' on the left breast, only to find out that no cc was found once I had been opened up, and the implant was repositioned.

I was concerned that it did not look right two weeks post op but my surgeon said it looked fine, which he said last time initially, and that it would settle, which it didn't, hence the revision.

It looks worse this time round, with the left implant, which had internal sutures around it, looking much narrower at the base and with more projection, looking like the pocket has been made too narrow at the base, and is forcing the implant to sit up and high.

I am seeing my surgeon again in a couple of weeks, but I know my own body, just like I knew last time, that it won't settle.

I don't know what to do though. I can't keep going for failed revisions, so I don't know what my other options are?

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

I would def be seeing another surgeon for a second opinion, you don't want to do it yet again by the same doctor and not have it fixed properly, and particularly since there was no CC to begin with. Have you spoken to your doctor over the phone/email yet or waiting for your appt in a few weeks?

My surgeon has been very nice, and I didn't pay for my revision, I just felt I got a different story each time, like he was kind of guessing instead of being sure with what was wrong.

Initially with after the first op he thought it was a seroma that would reabsorb, then CC, and now a haematoma that moved the implant, but I felt it never was in the right position. He also said it may be a chest wall deformity, but surely you would see that when you opened someone up?

If I have surgery with another doctor though, I will have to pay the full fee all over again?

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad run WP. You got your surgery not long after my round one. It's a long time to be living with boobs you've paid good money for but which don't look right :( Hope you're able to get satisfaction soon. Revision isn't just about the dollars, it's about committing time to another surgery and recovery. Good luck xx

So sorry.....ironic that we're both from Adelaide, both had our surgeries close to each other and both having ongoing issues that dont seem to fit the 'normal fixes'.

If we had used the same surgeon I would have started to wonder, but guess we both have bodies that haven't responded well. Hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel soon for both of us that makes all this worth it.