Sign in to follow this  
Rosie616

Bras after BA

So I had my 1 days check up yesterday and forgot to ask about this ugly bra thing. When I can take it off and wear normal ones etc.

so when did everyone stop wearing the support ones and wear some thing nice? When can I wear a bikini? Etc?

I know I can take it off for an hour a day but I'm scared if I leave it off too log something will happen haha. I also know ill have to wear it for a while while I'm healing etc, I'm not completely ignorant :p

I wore my post op bra for 1 week then swapped over to supportive wirefree sports bras. I wear my bra pretty much all the time except for when I shower.

i have been told it will be at least 6 weeks until I can wear underwire

Did your surgeon tell you how long to wear the post-op bra? It might be some time before you can buy "normal" bras, and again you might not be able to wear a bikini i.e. go without your post-op bra for a little while. The whole idea is to help with swelling etc. so I would recommend going on your doctor's advice.