Sign in to follow this  
Rosie616

Shower after BA?

I was fine to shower the next day. Along as you have a waterproof dressing over your incisions you will be fine. If your surgeon says to wait longer at least have anti bacterial wipes to use on your breasts or something because that is a really long time to not shower fully.

I am 3 days post op and took my first shower yesterday, I have water proof tape over incisions which helps back did the whole back facing water thing and made it quick, the girls where still sore and hurt with no support on...I am alternating between shower and half shower for now ;)

Showered next day when I got home. I think they mean 3 weeks of knot getting the incision site wet at all.

I bought large waterproof dressings and put them over the dressings I couldn't remove. Felt amazing to just stand there with warm water running over them as they were sore. Maybe ask if that's what you can do. Just need to be careful as water sometimes still leaks through if they aren't really good dressings, plus its expensive to buy so many dressings

My surgeon said I had to wait till my first check up, which was at 5 days. I've just been showering like normal since. Have tape over my incisions. I dry everything well, sometimes use the hair dryer, and once a week I take my take off and wash the incision area with antibacterial soap. I've had no dramas, incision site healing well. :)

Definitely go by what your surgeon recommend they have good reason for it by I only waited until the drains were out 2-5 days, then I showered as normal and hairdryed the incisions. Shower water is actually good to wash over them there's no reason they can't get wet 1 week down the track so long as you blow dry them properly after :)

Wow I'm astounded at some of your replies. Df apparently asked the nurse while I was under and she said they say 2-3 weeks cos they have some much trouble with girls who do get them wet and it's just best to hold off.

She said to bath :/ also I was told to change my dressings twice a day.

i might get some waterproof dressings now sic e it's day 5 post op so shouldn't be too bad!