Sign in to follow this  
JJMelb

9 weeks post op update, feel free to post here too!

Hi ladies,

I just thought I would give a quick update as I have been INSANELY busy and haven't been on here of late. I hope you are all recovering nicely and life is getting back to normal as you knew it before the op. Well as you probably remember I was a disaster zone after the op for a while - I think I had a certain expectation of how I would recover and when that didn't go according to my "plan" my mental state unravelled somewhat! All is good now. I am back to living life and being as active as I was pre-op, and feeling so much better for it. I must say that for me, having that complete 6 weeks break of absolutely all physical activity has I think made my recovery and healing much better than if I had forced the issue and gone back to being active at 3 weeks post op or whatever. I am back to training in the same manner (and I quickly read a post about running feeling weird for someone, and yes I agree, it feels "tight" and "pulling" but not painful.) I'm still careful not to do anything crazy that stretches out the abdomen, like kettlebell swings and lifting crazy weights above my head, but there's plenty of other stuff to do anyway.

I had a few kg's to lose still - so week before last I knuckled down and turned to my old friend Dr Dukan, of the Dukan Diet (hey, if it's good enough for Kate Middleton and her mum before the royal wedding.....) so I'm on the home stretch having lost 3kg's and only have a few more to go. I am LOVING shopping needless to say, back into size 10 skinny jeans :-) I'm crazy busy prepping for Spring Carnival next week, I'm a fashions on the field addict so have been spending a lot of time with my milliners, shopping for accessories, etc etc. CANNOT WAIT! (I didn't go last year as I had just given birth, so I am champing at the bit so to speak!) 2 days after Oaks Day I am going up to sunny QLD with my hubby NO KIDS for 4 nights. I adore my girls but hubby and I need some alone time and I am so excited it is happening. So stuff the diet for 4 nights it is going to be champagne every day!!

I still swell a bit, but like most people, it "feels" worse than it "looks", and it just makes me excited that in 8-12 months time there will be no more swelling so it will be even more fabulous! I am getting cold laser on my scar and wearing siltape. Sometimes at night I will wear my compression particularly if I have had a full on day exercise wise. I don't hate my scar as much as I thought I would but I can;t wait for it to be white/invisible because when I look at myself naked in the mirror my eyes are drawn straight away to my scar, not to my hot bod, so I can only imagine that it's the same for my husband when he looks at me. Still, I'm happy I got it done.

Hope you are all doing well!! Taniya have a fabulous holiday and hope that spot heals up. xx

So great to hear from you JJ & that your life is mostly back to normal. I thought you must be out there excising it & getting ready for spring carnival. Your gonna be the HOTTEST chicky babe out there!

I am very much looking forward to feeling as you sound & the next 12 months lol

Hubby & I are very excited about spending some "adult" time together in Koh Samui. I'm pretty sure he's OVER this recovery time as well lol. It's his 40th birthday on the 5th, Melbourne Cup Day. I hope I'm ready to make it a very special day for him ;):o.

I hope you have a fun & fantastic holiday with your hubby as well babe & Good luck with your bets. I wish for you to win the cost of your surgery back ;) & then some lol (wouldn't that be nice)

Sounds like recovery has/is going really well and that your back in a happy place again JJ. Sounds like lots of fun dressing up for the horses etc....

Im like you with the running it feels a little odd some days but not painful, and Im one of those swellers that feel like a whale but when i physically look in the mirror its not that bad, if at all noticable to others.

Have fun come race day!!

Hey JJ glad to hear you are settled back into your routine and things are going well i know what you mean with the scar. I am separating from my husband so I think it will be quite some time before I get my gear off for someone or maybe in the dark!! Lol. Good on you for playing dress ups with the cup day. Sounds like fun. Enjoy yr holiday and kick back. Take care xx thanks for checking in.

Hi

First grippster sorry to hear you are separating hope you are ok.

Jj you sound fabulous!!! Awesome news!!!

Me 8 weeks post op. Swelling is settling but like you I still swell at night. The pesky knot is bothering me on and off but I have definitely noticed an improvement, so still hoping I won't have to get it repaired.

I've started back at Pilates but very unfit . I'm dying to get out walking with the pram but just can't do it as area is so hilly and I get so swollen. I had a fight with a shopping trolley last week and could barely move for two days!

I have my cup outfit as well Jj. Had lots of fun shopping without trying to hide my roll! I've lost my last few kgs as well and need lots of new clothes!

My kids are busting my chops I haven't slept since last Thursday up at least 4 times a night. They have colds and coughs. Just hoping they get better so I can enjoy cup day. Total train wreck surviving on berocca and caffeine. It's hard to resist the chocolate when you're so tired!!!

X