Sign in to follow this  
tll11

While in surgery for BA

Hi Ladies

For those that have had a BA done, did you just get dropped off at hospital and then picked up when you were ready to come home or did you have someone stay with you the whole time while you were in surgery and after in recovery? Approx how many hours were you at the hospital for all up?

Thanks!!

I am 5 days post BA, my partner stayed with me in the waiting area of the day surgery practice then once I was called through he wasn't allowed with me, we were asked to arrive at 2pm and I got called through at 3pm prep with gown and canula, then 3.30pm I went in, I woke up in recovery at 6pm and was discharged at 8pm... It was good because I slept all night through that first night ;)

My partner at the time wasn't allowed to stay in my hospital room while I was in surgery as it was a shared room. Hopefully this time around I have a private room so he, my daughter and possibly mum can stay and I can see them when I'm awake.

I haven't had mine done yet but I know my partner will be nervous as hell with worry and I don't think he'll be going home while I have the surgery. He's allowed in with me right before they take me to the OR and he's also allowed to be with me in recovery.

My surgery was yesterday. My husband spent the time in the waiting room until he was told I was in recovery and could come to see me. I went in at about 9am, and he was back by my side at about noon. We left there about 2pm. He took his iPad and watched a few movies while waiting.