Sign in to follow this  
Rosie616

Sleep on back after BA?

my surgeon said 2 days up right, I have heard some girls say the longer you can sleep at 45 degrees the better due to morning boob pain, did you get an instruction book from your doc, I got one of mine and have read it over and over haha

Yeah at least two nights sleeping up right however the longer you can sleep upright the better, I have retreated to the corner lounge now I find it easier to sleep upright with more cushioning around the sides and on the bum ;) can't wait to sleep on my back again at this stage I can't I get severe morning boob

Hi Rosie

Doctors differ a lot in their instructions but mine are:

The first 7 days sleep on your back (can be flat on back)

From 8 days can start sleeping on side

From 6 weeks you can sleep on your stomach

Hope that helps : )

I think your boobs will tell you when you can sleep on your side or tummy. My doctor still wants me on my back until at least 6 weeks, but I do find myself on the left side sometimes. It still feels uncomfortable on my right. I was lying on my tummy on a machine at the gym the other day and it was too painful. Looks like I will have to give that one a miss for a while longer.

Mine said sleep however you're comfortable. So the first night on my back, then on my side afterwards. I just used a pillow for the first week to give them support. The last two nights Ive woken up having just rolled onto my front - I was a front sleeper. Guess the body just does it out of habit.