Sign in to follow this  
bbk11

finally feeling awesome (ish)!!

hello ladies, been a little while since i have been on here but its been a busy few weeks ;) I will be six weeks po tomorrow and am feeling really great. A month ago I would I sworn I would never be able to lift weights again and things were definately getting on top of me mentally. If I had my time again I would have asked for a little help with the kids and housework but am the stubborn type that can do it all myself !

Anyway fast-forward to five weeks and things have been so much better. I am back to the gym and back to lifting as much as before and then some. Yay!! feels great and even better looking in the mirrors and seeing awesome boobs lol . I am yet to do any specific chest exercises such as bench, lat pulldowns, pushups, pullovers etc but thats cool with me there is so much else to do anyway. Also havent done any bouncing movements as I have yet to get a really good support bra but will be doing so soon. I dont really do any cardio prefer to use that energy for housework and mowing !!

And another great thing is the response I have had from other ladies that I hadnt told about my surgery. Because I didnt go very big with my implant they are sort of "are they, aren't they?" type of boobs which I like. But for those ladies that I have spoken to they have been so supportive and completely understanding. It surprises me that the ones that I thought were totally happy with their bodies and may have been a little judgmental of my decision have been the complete opposite and have been asking me all sorts of questions and are keen to have theirs done also. It feels so nice to be able to talk about it without feeling selfish or silly.

The only thing at the moment that bothers me a little is that I can feel the implant along the bottom and woke up this morning certain my right one had bottomed out. Have since read that this is normal, i just think my implants have dropped a litttle further and now they actually sit nicely in their new crease. I do visual checks each day to make sure their still where their supposed to be, so far so good. Will be posting pics tomorrow.

I am very happy that I finally did this for myself, it is by far the best thing I have ever done and I feel so much more like myself. :) fingers crossed everything continues to go well and I would very much recommend my surgeon as I think he does a fantastic job. :)

So glad to hear that your soooo happy with your new assets bbk11 & pretty much back to normal. Did you find that you noticed every Friday that you felt that tiny bit better? I know I have done. It's weird, maybe even a mind over matter thing. So glad for the 6 week turning point. Congrats on doing something for yourself. I look forward to seeing how your boobies look at 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months... 12 months lol

Encouraging to hear you are back into weights at 6 weeks, I am 1 week post BA today and I am missing the gym and my weights terribly the only thing I can do is maintain my clean eating at least :)

Thanks girls :) it certainly is mentally draining at times but it also goes so fast. I really thought I would be back to weights but as a gradual thing but it has only taken about three workouts to be back to where I left off, so much faster than expected. :)

Three workouts that's pretty good and certainly makes me feel heaps better, my partner keeps saying to me that the break will do my body good and that I will be surprised at how fast i will be able to get back up to speed with weights again,

hi bbk, thanks for your great post. unfortunately I'm a bit obsessed with the idea of people finding out and what judgements and comments they might make. I shouldn't worry, but I do. it was so great to hear that not only did u have the confidence to tell some people but that they were supportive, non-judgemental, and interested! that's fantastic : )

Thanks Merlin. I was concerned about people noticing and judgments but I shouldn't have been. Everyone has been lovely. And I am not ashamed of my decision one bit so I think that when people notice that they are probably more as ease with it too. :)