Sign in to follow this  
bubbleyumbum

confidence question?

Hi girls this is a very sensitive topic for me so here goes , I have probably the lowest confidence in the world, I have low self esteem and all sorts of insecurities it effects me in so many ways and it's kind of ruining my life and relationship because I am very jealous about my partner when he checks out other girls and even when we watch movies with him cause I feel so bad about myself I can't stand him looking at prettier girls and that is just retarded but I can't help it Im on anti depressants to cope with my mood swings I cant stand him looking at me either I dont know whats wrong with me.

I know I have a problem but I don't know how to fix it, so here's my question, has having surgery made you change completely if you have ever been really insecure and have low confidence has it made you more confident and made a HUGE difference or just a small difference? I am needing a very big confidence boost I really hope getting my boobs done really changes my life for the better because Im not that bad but I just think I am my boyfriend tells me Im " beautiful" lol but aren't they supposed to and he says that I act like Im hideous and thats how a truly feel sometimes.

I hope getting my boobs fixes most of my issues! :( it better lol Has anyone's life been changed as dramatically as curing all their insecurities?

No amount of plastic surgery is going to fix psychological issues... You will just find something else to hate after you have your boobs.. A lot of people use cosmetic surgery as a bandaid, you sound like your issues are a lot deeper than just wanting a big rack. I would sort out the psychological stuff first before altering my body. Good luck on your journey.

Sorry that you feel that way. I could have written most of that post myself even though I don't like to admit it. Putting on so much weight during pregnancy and not having lost it all yet has really affected me. When I was at my thinnest and was happy with my new boobs (before pregnancy changed them) my confidence was sky high so yes having my boobs done definitely gave me more self confidence. I hated my first set. They looked truly awful I had complications you could see visible implant edges and they were so saggy (my nipples were lifted 6cm during my full anchor lift!). After I had them re done with a different surgeon I loved them. I then went on to lose 4kgs and I felt great about myself. So great that I took my fiancée to strip clubs and didn't get jealous he was looking at other women which is a big thing for me. I think you should write out a list with all your good qualities both physical and non physical and every time you feel bad about yourself read the list.

I agree with dee envy.

I personally had issues around my body image, but I wanted to make sure that I got it sorted before having any surgeries.

I would seriously consider seeing a counsellor. I don't feel like getting larger boobs will sort anything long term and to be honest the first three weeks after having the surgery was very emotionally taxing for me.

I am not saying don't get your boobs done but I think you should try and get your other issues sorted first. Surgery wont fix it for you.

Hmmm you sound just like me, seriously. I am like that. My issues were never as bad when I was 20, I've never been gorgeous or hot or whatever but it never really bothered me so much that it would interfere with everyday life. it got to a point where it was impacting on day to day things and it has been damaging my relationship for many years now. I am now seeing a psychologist and she is wonderful. I saw one for a while earlier this year but she pretty much dismissed what i was saying and how i felt and all she could help me with is telling me "well you have to change your mind". Oh ok doctor lady, I'll just go find that off switch to get back to normal. Yep. She was totally useless.

I've never liked my breasts, even since puberty, and so I've decided that rather than be disgusted every time I look at myself I would do something about it, because it's one thing I can't change by just working out or whatever. It won't change how I feel about other parts of my body or as myself as an individual but I would still rather have nice breasts than not, you know? If your breasts have been an issue for you for a long time then yes it's likely you'll be happier with them afterwards, but it won't address any of the other issues you seem to have.

I really feel for you though. Just know there are things you can do to help overcome the way you think about yourself :)

MayneGirl - yes I think that is a problem, considering that they are on TV and not right in front of him where he would even have the chance to do anything. But think about it - you're going to have gorgeous new breasts soon!! It is really difficult to switch off that kind of thinking and I have a lot of trouble with it, so a lot of the time I have to avoid putting myself in a situation where it triggers those negative thoughts and emotions. I will avoid watching shows like that with hot girls or movies with nudity or whatever because I know seeing it will make me feel literally sick in the stomach, it's terrible.

Until such time I have a healthier view of myself and am able to control my thoughts when I'm in a triggering situation I need to avoid it, for my own mental health. It's pretty sad when you think about it, I'm messed up but I am trying to do something about it. I couldn't ever go to a nightclub or bar with all the beautiful young women walking around wearing practically nothing and where they all seem to walk around happily with their perfect tans and perfect perky breasts and cutoff shorts showing half their ass cheeks with no cellulite, I'd end up in the bathroom sobbing all night or hurting myself and making myself look even uglier from all the crying lol

It's sad that others feel like me because I know for me it really hurts sometimes and like Calmdown I also know all too well that sick in the stomach feeling but I feel better knowing I am not alone so thank you ladies who have posted and to the OP for starting the thread and sharing her feelings. I know for me it was hard to admit how I feel.

It's sad that others feel like me because I know for me it really hurts sometimes and like Calmdown I also know all too well that sick in the stomach feeling but I feel better knowing I am not alone so thank you ladies who have posted and to the OP for starting the thread and sharing her feelings. I know for me it was hard to admit how I feel.

That's right, you're not alone in feeling like that and you know you can always post on here for some venting and support :) it can be tough to admit that you might have issues but at least you acknowledge it and can work towards changing it!

Thank you ladies for your honest posts Im so glad Im not alone and not the only woman that feels like this I was really begining to think I was nutts and I was the only girl to get jealous over movies and tv shows too LOL partner started saying I am messed up and Im the only girl that acts like that, I know i need counselling though but hopefully I can learn to love my self again on my own and hopefully bigger boobs helps me a little I would be happy even just for a little more confidence Im sure it will change me heaps but I know I have to lose the last 5 kg too to really feel sexy again but anyways that messes with my head too much cause weight is so hard to shift sometimes its more mental than anything. Thanks again xxx :)

hey just came across this post and im digging the love here =), thanks for being so honest. I'm not to the point where I cant watch TV shows with my man, but its like a dagger in my heart when we drive past a nice girl and I ALWAYS see him check her out and then literally look in his rearview mirror once we've passed her for one last look. He does it at the shops for instance.. and when the girl notices his giving her attention when i am standing right next to him with our 2 kids Its VERY embarrassing! like oh your man is checkin me out. Am I not enough for you?. I myself purposely don't even look at other men let alone eye them from top to toe because I don't want my man to feel insecure or jealous. I act in the way that I expect him to and he is all I need/want. I never say anything, because well.. its not right is it? We've had 2 kids together, we've been together 6 years, I look after my image as best I can. sometimes I feel like screaming at the top of my voice "STOP F&*KING LOOKING AT OTHER WOMEN"

Hi, in my experience, I have always had a bit of social anxiety and issues with weight loss. I don't feel my boobs have changed my confidence levels that much. I am really pleased with how they look but I definately have the same issues as I did before. I am still the same person on the inside and surgery will never change that. I don't think it is a wise idea to get boobs in hopes of it changing your life.