Sign in to follow this  
Cupcake85

I found a chicken

Do I call the ranger or is there someone else I should ring? It's been in my front yard since this morning but I thought it had left. I've put out some bread and water to keep it around until someone can come and get it. I also put it on facebook on a chat page for people who live in my local area but haven't found it's owner. Edited to say we found the owner. Turns out it was our neighbours I had no idea he had a chicken

Hahaha good thing you found the owner! This is how my chicken affair started, we had one turn up on our nature strip one afternoon and when we couldn't figure out who owned her we kept her :) she turned out to be a great mum raising 7 chicks and she lived until she was about 9. Awesome low maintenance pets.

I would love to have chickens but we have dogs so we would have to block everything off properly. I think you also need council approval but unsure on that. Yeah the RSPCA and rangers said they couldn't come and get it because it's not something they deal with.

I would love to have chickens but we have dogs so we would have to block everything off properly. I think you also need council approval but unsure on that. Yeah the RSPCA and rangers said they couldn't come and get it because it's not something they deal with.

Yep you need to set it up well so they're safe from predators of any kind haha yep there will be restrictions depending on the size of your block - we are on a quarter acre so could have up to 20 hens if we wanted. No roosters though, have to be semi rural at least I think.