Sign in to follow this  
x_lili_x

Going it Alone...Thailand/Australia Recommendations :)

Hey girls :)

I am looking into getting my BA done in Thailand - although I am also considering Australia too.

Can anyone recommend the best of the following:

- Surgeon

- Support service (e.g. Bangkok Makeovers/Destination Beauty)

- Hospital

- Accommodation

I am more than likely going out there on my own and I have never been before so I am trying to research as much as possible.. any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! My surgery will also be a bit more complicated than most as I have Tuberous/Tubular breasts which means I will require an Areola Lift and implants.. and advice from anyone who also suffers from this would also be a great help!

Thanks heaps :D

i would recommend going to thailand but joining a group tour if you dont have anyone to go with. My friend went to Bangkok with Destination Beauty and I went with Cosmeditour to Phuket. I loved it, it was so nice to have people going through the exact same thing you are! I went to PIAC and whilst waiting there were reps from about 3 other agencies there and they all looked really friendly too. I think all the hospitals in Thailand are going to be good. I loved Phuket International, very very efficient and friendly! everything went so smoothly pre op i didnt even have the chance to be nervous!!

we all stayed at twin palms which is out of the way a bit but is such a beautiful resort, i did get over having to get taxis everywhere though but it was nice to be away from all the noise of Patong! I also had Dr Narupon, such a great surgeon!!!

hope this helps a bit :)

Hi,

Im going next year to thailand with International cosmetic tours,

the surgeon is Dr boonchai at PIAC and the accommodation is in a group package not sure what its called but says it is 4* only costing me $5500, My friend went with them and she loved it!

Truly Medical Getaways are excellent. If you go on the group tour to Thailand, you will have an Australian registered nurse, Moira, stay with the group. Moira works for a plastic surgeon in australia so she is up to date with everything. Most services don't have an australian qualified registered nurse travel with them. Moira also does not charge you anything, she gets paid by the surgeon. Most services get the patient to pay around $500 and then get a kick back from the surgeon as well. I had my BA 23 days ago at PIAC Phuket, with Dr Rushapol.

Thanks HEAPS for the advice so far girls, I really appreciate it :) I guess the only thing holding me back now is my parents... they know that I am seriously considering surgery they are absolutely against the idea of me getting it done in Thailand - let alone doing it by myself!!! Unfortunately they are not in a position at the moment to come with me and I reaaaaally want it done for this summer.. I don't want to have to go through another summer being completely miserable and self conscious. Part of me just wants to book it and go, but It doesn't feel right without my parents knowing/agreeing, it's such a big thing to consider at the end of the day...:confused:

Do your research on your surgeon FIRST and don't go on the info that the Travel companies tell you. They only want to make a buck. There are 296 Thai board certified plastic surgeons in Thailand. ONLY 23 of them are Internationally accredited !!!

Do your research on your surgeon FIRST and don't go on the info that the Travel companies tell you. They only want to make a buck. There are 296 Thai board certified plastic surgeons in Thailand. ONLY 23 of them are Internationally accredited !!!