Sign in to follow this  
libby1

my surgery with dr fleming in brisbane oct 2013

my story, build up for my surgery was terrible due to all the other problems I was having in my family life. but we made it, arriving at hospital 8am in the morning, admitted and taken of to change which is when hubby left. I was then put in a waiting lounge, dr fleming cam to talk with me and then the anaethestic, she did an ecg on me to make sure my heart was doing ok. I then walked into the theatre, which was bizzare haha, hoping up to the operation table. needle put in, didn't feel a thing, nurse came and help my hand, that's when I asked why they haven't drawn on me, but dr fleming does it when your under so you don't feel so exposed, which I thought was lovely, next minute im waking up in recovery shaking like crazy, so the nurse got me a apple juice and I cam right, got dressed and went and sat with hubby in the recovery lounge, had a sandwich and cup of tea, then the nurse put me in wheelchair and took me to our car. got home had a coffee and some soup then went for a nap, ive been taking panadol every four hours, before going to sleep last night I had half of a stronger pain tablet and that's it, woke up today bit tight and sore with small amount of purple bruising around the incision and a little hard to breathe but otherwise perfect, been walking round the house, making cups of tea and food, my sons and husband have been fantastic. oh and hubby is very happy he cant take his eyes of them haha, so cool, they are a perfect size, not to big or small, just what I wanted, dr fleming was amazing, he came and saw me when I woke up and said all went really well and he was happy with results. so there you go so far my story, piece of cake for all those girls coming up for your turn, the build up is crazy but really its an amazing feeling looking down and seeing these awesome boobs, best feeling ever, good luck to everyone in there up and coming surgerys, I hope you have a smooth ride like I have so far.

Day 3. Still feeling pretty good. Im amazed how much they have softened in such little time. I have some bruising round ribs and sore between shoulder blades. But really just uncomfortable more than pain. I feel very blessed that things have so far gone pretty well. Ive been taking panadol every 4 hrs whether needed or not which I think helps and ive only taken a stronger pill when I go to bed. Sleeping sitting up is bit tough on yr bum but its ok.

awwww thanks kazza unfortunately today im suffering the dreaded boob greed, I feel they have shrunk, but compared to what I had, a huge improvement, if you look at my before and after photos you will see what I mean. pain wise etc im doing so good, still haven't driven yet, its only day 3 and don't want to risk hurting them, they cost me to much money hahaha

Oh yes boob greed!! Love it :) but you have perfect boobies now,

Glad your pain is manageable it certainly would it all that easier

Driving I have had to drive quite a few tines I just sit the seat up straight back and have my hands on the bottom of the wheel and let it go through no over hand movements, you will get sore afterwards, I just take ice packs in my bag and put em on when driving hahaha awesome look

Great story Libby. You're amazing that through all the adversity you've had lately you still had the courage and persistence to go through with this. And it's definitely been worth it, you look amazing! And so glad you've had such a great, minimally painful recovery : )

Thanks merlin you are so lovely. Day 3 pain wise pretty good. Have been doing light duties at home. Swelling in tummy is gross. Just fluid. My boobs have softened so much already. I was really surprised considering they are brazilians. But pretty good experience so far. Think I will b rivht to fly to nz fory sisters funeral on the 14th.

That's awesome about your recovery. I'm getting tear drop dual plane boobies in January- great to hear from someone who had roughly the same. Hope your recovery goes well over the next couple days x

Day 5 & im doing awesome. Drove yesterday for first time since op. Juat to my local coles but did ok. Went into the city approx 45min drive with a girlfriend who drove. I still used the pillow between seatbelt though. Ive been cooking, cleaning, washimg hair, shaving legs all no problem. So happy with everything. I feel very lucky that my recovery has been smooth. I get dressings of thursday. My brazilians have softened so much in a few days. Swelling in tummy has gone down a fair bit today also. Anyways that's my day 5 update. Hope everyone else is doing great.