Sign in to follow this  
fairytopia

Feeling emotional :(

It's been 8 days since my op and lets just say it has been abit of a struggle in the recovery department but finally alot better now i can move around properly but still uncomfortable.

I feel like i am not over the moon with my boobs like i should be and have been in tears the last few nights thinking to myself...did i make the right decision? I've been sitting here thinking i miss my little pancakes and going through and looking at old photos of my real boobs :( My new boobs are huge and i feel like they are way to big for me and that i look a little ridiculous which is what i was afraid of :( My emotions are taking over and i'm just so sad. I should be over the moon and so in love with them but at this stage i just look at them and feel sad. My nipples look so much bigger now which i absolutely hate so i just feel its not working out for me like i was expecting.

Maybe i am looking into it too much, i don't know, but i don't know what to do or how to feel happy....

So sorry that you feel this way. It is normal to suffer the booby blues and everything you are feeling is normal. I had a moment of WTF when I first saw my redo boobs. They were square and looked really scary to me. Give yourself some time to adjust to the new you. Like anything which is a drastic change you sometimes just need a bit of time to get used to the change.

Fairytopia thank you for starting this thread, I too have felt the same about my boobs and have had many days/nights crying thinking the exact same thoughts are they too big will the swelling go down my nipples are not lifted like I wanted etc etc I even said to my partner I want my old flat ones back...

I emailed my plastic surgeon expressing my concerns along with some photos, it was reassuring to hear from him the next day that yes I have experienced higher than normal swelling that when he put the implant in and I was on the table my nipple was lifted and looked perfect though due to the swelling in my pecs it has made everything hard and box like which has made my nipple dip, that once my pecs relax the implant will drop and the nipple will lift...he then continued to reassure me that if my implant doesn't drop enough to raise my nipple that he will do the lift with no add cost and we will work out hospital fees etc together.

I have days where I love them and then the next I am crying, but what I do have now is the reassurance from my plastic surgeon that I needed to hear to get me through....

However it's the pain from the swelling that sets my moods off as some days my tolerance is a lot higher than others, it is terrible I find the swelling will go down when I'm icing them though the minute I get up walk around Cook some dinner it comes back within 30 mins, I can't sleep, I get terrible boob cramps that take my breath away and have my arms locked because if I move an inch it feels like my boobs will implode...

Sorry about the long winded post here but I guess I wanted you to know your not alone with your feelings either,

Rest up we can't be to hard on ourselves ;) xxx

So sorry that you feel this way. It is normal to suffer the booby blues and everything you are feeling is normal. I had a moment of WTF when I first saw my redo boobs. They were square and looked really scary to me. Give yourself some time to adjust to the new you. Like anything which is a drastic change you sometimes just need a bit of time to get used to the change.

Thanks so much :( Im trying very hard but i just miss my old boobs now. I know i still have to give it some time and be patient i guess :(

Hun I just looked at yr photos and u look amazing. Its alot to do with the meds to. That makes us emotional. Give yourself time to adjust

Thank you x but they were my pre op boobs :( which is why i keep thinking have i made the right decision. Hope this depresso stage goes away fast

Fairytopia thank you for starting this thread, I too have felt the same about my boobs and have had many days/nights crying thinking the exact same thoughts are they too big will the swelling go down my nipples are not lifted like I wanted etc etc I even said to my partner I want my old flat ones back...

I emailed my plastic surgeon expressing my concerns along with some photos, it was reassuring to hear from him the next day that yes I have experienced higher than normal swelling that when he put the implant in and I was on the table my nipple was lifted and looked perfect though due to the swelling in my pecs it has made everything hard and box like which has made my nipple dip, that once my pecs relax the implant will drop and the nipple will lift...he then continued to reassure me that if my implant doesn't drop enough to raise my nipple that he will do the lift with no add cost and we will work out hospital fees etc together.

I have days where I love them and then the next I am crying, but what I do have now is the reassurance from my plastic surgeon that I needed to hear to get me through....

However it's the pain from the swelling that sets my moods off as some days my tolerance is a lot higher than others, it is terrible I find the swelling will go down when I'm icing them though the minute I get up walk around Cook some dinner it comes back within 30 mins, I can't sleep, I get terrible boob cramps that take my breath away and have my arms locked because if I move an inch it feels like my boobs will implode...

Sorry about the long winded post here but I guess I wanted you to know your not alone with your feelings either,

Rest up we can't be to hard on ourselves ;) xxx

Hey hun,

Its an awful feeling hey, when this should be a time where we should be happy. I am so sorry you feel the same way aswell :( That is such great news from your surgeon which is definitely very reassuring and i hope your nipple problems improve so you don't have to go through that again, but atleast you have that option there!

Totally the exact same as you with the swelling and keeping arms closed on your sides, it definitely feels like they are just gonna pop or just a very sore uncomfortable feeling but i will say that, they have gotten better these last few days. I thought my pain was never going to go away.

I just wish i wasn't feeling like this and i probably should just stop and remember that it has only been a week and they are still swollen and haven't d+f'd but i keep thinking they wont change and yeah i don't think my nipples are going to change as they have probably stretched from the implant :(

Grrrr.. Thanks for writing to me and i hope you feel better soon too xx

im sure you both look beautiful, it is early days still, let them settle and get yourselves of the meds when can and see what you think then,, I don't think any good surgeon would put something in you that doesn't look good. best of luck ladies and just take care

I'm expecting the same emotions over the course of the next few weeks. It's not even 24 hrs yet and I haven't had a good look At my new babies. They are set far apart which worries me but I was told to expect it, due to my barrel chest, and just hope they'll be more pliable over time. I'm sore this morning and my surgeon wants me moving and doing normal things despite the pain, not restricting movements but that's easier said than done I think lol. So far I've been able to brush and tie my hair back, reach for items, get myself in and out of bed , toilet unassisted etc oh I hope it stays that way

Oh hunni I was feeling exactly the same last week it was horrible crying everyday thinking wtf have I done and thinking they were way to big. I am now 10 days post op and slowly starting to love them. Give it time let the swelling go down .... I think they also appear a lot bigger and out there because of how high up they are. You will be fine gorgeous xx

I'm expecting the same emotions over the course of the next few weeks. It's not even 24 hrs yet and I haven't had a good look At my new babies. They are set far apart which worries me but I was told to expect it, due to my barrel chest, and just hope they'll be more pliable over time. I'm sore this morning and my surgeon wants me moving and doing normal things despite the pain, not restricting movements but that's easier said than done I think lol. So far I've been able to brush and tie my hair back, reach for items, get myself in and out of bed , toilet unassisted etc oh I hope it stays that way

Oh maynegirl im hearing ya!! i was pretty much bed ridden the first 4 days. Just the pain and everytime i moved, it was so sore, especially trying to move my arms, it was so difficult and frustrating! Atleast you can do all of those things! Hope it gets easier for you asap and i hope you don't have to go through these emotions, i really hope you love your new girls xx

Oh hunni I was feeling exactly the same last week it was horrible crying everyday thinking wtf have I done and thinking they were way to big. I am now 10 days post op and slowly starting to love them. Give it time let the swelling go down .... I think they also appear a lot bigger and out there because of how high up they are. You will be fine gorgeous xx

Thanks heaps babe xx Sorry you're going through this aswell. I really am trying to be patient and need to realize the swelling and everything needs to go down but still just so scared. I don't know why i miss my old girls so much, cause i used to complain all the time about the fullness gone on top and then I get my new ones and i'm sad. I really hope i start to love them and i'm glad you are starting to grow to love yours. My left nipple actually stings and hurts abit too when its rubbing on the crop top. I hope thats normal and just passes.

Ive just got my pre op photos up, you cant see them ones? i'm going to put up some post op ones soon :(

Aww so sorry to hear that you feel like this!

It is completely normal to go through the 'boobie blues' after surgery. My friends warned me that the first few months after breast surgery that I would have days of thinking they are too big, too small, want my old ones back, regret, too fake, too natural, love them, hate them, crying, emotional ect. It's completely normal!

I cried the whole of the second week after having mine done and was told that it is also a side effect of the general anaesthesia.

Stick in there hun, you are very early days yet. It will take a months for everything to settle down and is definitely a process. (Would be lovely if they were just perfect straight away wouldn't it? Lol)

After they settle down you are going to love your new boobies! I loved them in week 3, i'm over the moon and I feel it's the best decision I ever made.

Take care and hope you feel better soon :)

xo