Sign in to follow this  
chem

Incision size for breast crease incision

I have seen 2 surgeons. The first mentioned a 4-5cm incision and the second a 7-8cm incision. Both surgeons have different opinions on where they would place the implant and what size. I will be going with the second surgeon, and a 465cc size implant at 13.5cm width and was told the larger incision is needed to accommodate the implant size. Would love for anyone else to please tell me your implant size and width and incision size. I am hoping this is quite standard for the size and width implants I will be getting?!

Do most surgeons do this or only a select few? My surgeon didn't mention the KF as a technique he would use, but I'm a bit in shock about the 7-8cm scar! I would prefer smallest scar possible

All surgeons have different preferences when it comes to many things involved with BA like placement, incision, shape, technique and more. Maybe mention it to him and see what he says. He may have a perfectly good reason he doesn't use this technique.

I had my second consult with my surgeon today. Love and agree with everything about my BA that he is saying except for the incision size. A little worried about the large incision size but have confidence in him for everything else that I'm trying to just accept it. He said he doesn't measure the incision size and 7-8cm is an approximation of the largest incision he would do, so it could potentially be smaller. Considering everyone else's incision size it just seems huge! Thanks for all your replies :)

Great info about Keller Funnel here - includes a video of it being used too with only a 3.5cm incision for a 550cc silicone implant!!!

http://www.simplybreastimplants.com/breast_augmentation/keller_funnel.html

That is a great website AsianTatas thanks!

Who did your BA whingingPom? Do you feel the scars are noticeable or large at all? My surgeon said I won't notice them and that the incision size isn't really that big. But when I read that most people have 4-5cm at the largest I think 7-8cm is a considerably large incision!!!!

My scars are about 7cm. Feeling a bit short changed after reading how small everyone else's are!

Dont feel bad WP mine are 7 too xx we've both had redo's its to be expected. Are yours fading out though? You can hardly see mine as they sit right in the crease. My first scars we're only 2-3cm but they've double in size. I had a lot of dodgy scar tissue to remove from my old implants on both breasts and then had brazillians which arn't as easy to insert as gels though. Do I wish my scars were smaller YES, Do I love my new boobs more than my old cc infested YES so its the price i've paid - just keep slathering the keto gel on those scars!!!

Inde12 do your scars bother you? As in is it something you think about how large the scars are? I'm not having a revision just first time BA so this incision size is still shocking me!!

Hi Chem,

No they dont bother me I hadn't actually thought about it until i saw this post and WP's response - it got me off my butt to measure my scars - I didn't realise mine were that long - i knew they were longer than my first ba's scar but they sit right in the crease so you can't really see the scars unless you look under my tits haha and the only person who see's my boobs are my hubby and he's obsessed with them :).

FR accepted - lots of pics.

That is great to know inde12. I feel reassured. Reading that most incisions are 4-5cm I was worried about the larger incision size but my surgeon says I won't notice or worry about them and they will fade so much they will hardly be noticed eventually anyway, which I had believed but it is nice to hear from someone else, so thanks :)