Sign in to follow this  
Gess.G

Going out after BA

For me there is no way I would of gone out 2 weeks after my BA let alone 5 days. I was still sore and really stiff. Is it at a house or pub/club? If its at a house maybe u could stop by for abit but if you get bumped into you will be in a lot of pain . :-))

Yeah I thought it would be way too early but I thought it would be worth asking anyway :)

It's starting off at a house then will be moved into the city to the clubs. I guess because it's such a close friend I feel a bit lousy not going! But she'll understand. Thanks :)

I am 10 days post BA and have taken my kids to the park a few times ( because cabin fever has set in) only for a couple of hours which is fine though I found by the time I get home I am swollen again and have to sit on the lounge with ice packs, just the 5 min drive and standing for an hour or two has me swelling again, but agree with lokilady make your presence at the house and save the city for another day ;)

Sounds like everyone is completely different. I'd love to be able to go and catch up with all my friends as I've been quite unsocial lately with uni but I'll just wait and see! Thanks for all your advice guys :)

Yeah I went out for one of my gf's birthday five days post op but it was at a quiet bar. I wouldn't have gone if it was a club because I wouldn't have wanted to be bumped. At 3 days post op I actually had to go have lunch with my partner's big big boss, which was pretty challenging, but I still managed it.

You should just go off how you feel.

ive been to the city and to the shops, driven my kids to school etc, I have learnt over the years to read my body really well, I no when I have overdone it so I put feet up for the rest of the day, the only thing I noticed when I went out for few hours is my back ached, but def don't get bumped into that would be horrid I would think.