Sign in to follow this  
Sirmad

Capsular contracture Thailand

Hey I had a BA done in Phuket by Dr Thanakom in April this year. I've just found out I have capsular contracture. Has anyone had any experience in getting a Aussie surgeon to fix it. I know there are a lot of Aussie surgeons who won't touch anyone that has been to Thailand.

Hey I had a BA done in Phuket by Dr Thanakom in April this year. I've just found out I have capsular contracture. Has anyone had any experience in getting a Aussie surgeon to fix it. I know there are a lot of Aussie surgeons who won't touch anyone that has been to Thailand.

In my opinion cc can happen to anyone regardless of where they had there surgery it's something that needs fixing so I don't see why any Aussie surgeon should knock you back just because u chose to have ur surgery overseas only down fall I would think that you may not be able to claim it on Medicare if initial surgery wasn't done here but doesn't hurt to ring around and ask 😊

I think some Aussie PS's refuse because they can and they get a bit dirty about people getting surgery overseas. Almost like a 'well go overseas if you want but none of us will touch you when you have a complication'. It's not fair but I guess they do what they want. There are plenty that will help out though it's just finding them :)

Hi sirmad, what did PIAC and your agency say about the cc? is it covered under their guarantee?

if you dont mind, i've sent you a fr.

please keep me updated as i am going in january with dr. thanakom as well!

best of luck!