Sign in to follow this  
merlin

October girls post op - the other side

Hi everyone

I've been wondering how all the October girls are going now that we've all 'crossed over'. I didn't know I was going to be an October girl until the last minute, so I didn't post in that section much but I did read the posts often, hoping that I might end up joining all of you.

So I silently watched as you all got excited and organised for your upcoming operations and then one by one the big day came for each of you.

My operation was on the 31st so I'm still only 5 days post-op today, but some of you would be weeks along now and I would love to know how recovery has been for you, how happy you are with your results, how well you're feeling now, what changes you've noticed in your boobs and when they happened etc etc.

Hope everyone's is going great post-op!

Merlin : )

A quick update from me.

Day 5 and I'm not feeling too bad. Boobs still feel too big, very tight and swollen. But this morning I noticed that my right one seems to have softened a bit, and I think the bottom pole on that side is getting slightly rounder, the other side is still a straight line for the lower pole. The left side still feels like it's in a vice, but the right vice seems to be letting go a bit. Even better all the fluid around my tummy seems to be finally reducing - think I can almost see a waist again! Yay.

Still a bit sore, no pain at all when I'm just sitting but when I'm doing things and moving my arms a fair bit I git some discomfort and a bit of pain. Have been really short of breath because my chest has been so tight, but today breathing is easier. These small changes make life so much easier!

Anyway, personally I'm feeling much better emotionally today, just good to see a bit of positive change : )

Thanks Merlin for starting this thread, awesome idea ;)

Day 12 for me - feeling I am now on the upward road now, after emailing my surgeon around day 3 with some pictures etc it was relayed to me I had severe swelling this is due to my tight pec muscles so my advice to ladies who lift leave out chest days for at least a month prior, due to this my implant is going to take longer to drop as my muscle has to stretch and relax, also ladies start the icing as soon as possible as swelling hits it peak around day 3/4

I stopped wearing my compression bra around day 7 and have opted for the sports crop top way more comfortable.. Right boobie is having the most trouble really tight up top and get boobie cramps that can take my breathe away and have me stop in my tracks, left boobie is going really well I can feel the softness on the sides, speaking of sides I have a lot of side boob which I actually like not sure if these will drop either, though ladies make sure you shave your armpits before surgery, omg!!! I have the hairiest hippy burn ya bra pro women pits ever and I can't get the razor into the crevasse looks like I have two hairy f....

Sleeping day 12 is so so so much better than those first couple of days, I sleep now on my back and left side only at the moment as right boobie is still having problems relaxing, because I am not doing a lot during the day I am finding that my sleep at night is very broken, I sleep for about 2 to 3 hours then I wake for about 30mins and then drift off again.

Showering I did bird bath's for about 5 days then went to the shower, I had my hair wash at a salon because I couldn't do it and wow!!! My hair was coming out in chunks the hairdresser said it is after effects of the general. I took my incision tape off for the first time last night and I am so impressed I have completely healed, left the original tape on from surgery for 11 days and just kept it dry.

I love my size, very happy with the teardrop implant and my plastic surgeon has done a brilliant job on my saggy boobies, the shape now is still a little funny I think due to my pec muscle holding on tight to it, I am waiting for the drop and fluff and will re asses at 3 months how my nipple looks as it still has a bit to rise up and kick out,

I go back to work next week eek!!! I can only imagine the reaction from certain people ( haters ) but I am already going in with the mind set of "own those beautiful boobies Kazza work it" lol!!!

I still have some emotional down days but have equal amounts of up days as well, loved the journey leading up to it and embracing my new one ahead of me xxx

Wow awesome thread merlin. Im still up and down but each day gets better and better. I also can feel it when ive done to much. Womam a good at reading there bodies so make sure you listen to them ladies. My swelling in tummy has gone down a bit. Still have period that wasnt due but oh well. Some pack ache also. Bur generally can do light duties. Took my first drive to coles yesterday still usimg pillow between seat belt. Overall pretty good day 5.

5 weeks out for me (eek) and feeling pretty good. They're finally starting to look a bit more round and normal. They've dropped a fair bit but still have a while to go. Pain is at a minimum which is a relief, I just want to start wearing nice bras!!

im 3 weeks po and feeling fantastic! i went over muscle 325cc round high profile had no pain day 2 was shopping in bangkok day and night.im loving my new boobies,was adament i wanted mod plus but im heaps happy with high profile and even have side boob :) im glad i went over muscle coz my main concern was pain as i hav 2 small kids :) the recovery has been really easy and they feel like my own ...best thng iv ever done xxx

Great idea merlin, it is wonderful hearing everyone's progress and stories.

I am 8 days post op and feeling really good. Right now I am just feeling incredibly tight, and I get those sharp stabbing pains which I believe is nerve regeneration but they are usually pretty fleeting. The most painful bit now is just my incisions, they are stinging as they heal. I am now just taking Panadol when I need to.

I was lucky enough to be able to shower the very next day, although I left it an extra day before washing my hair. I completely know what you mean about armpit shaving Kazza! I had three attempts at shaving under my arms before I threw in the towel and then got my hubby to help. With a bit of manoeuvring and me pulling the skin as tight as I could without lifting my arms right up, we managed a decent enough job of it.

I am showering and dressing normally, I just need my hubby to help dry my shoulders. I have to wear a stabiliser strap during the day and a post op bra at night, so I just wear tight singlets during the day under normal clothes so I feel they are supported. The nurse suggested I buy some of those bonds singlets with the hidden support, but the effort to go buy them has been a bit much, we plan to go today. I will also look to see if they have some crop tops that I could wear under work clothes until I can buy proper bras.

I drove the car very briefly earlier than I was meant to and scared myself. I am meant to be able to drive tomorrow, so I might take a small drive and see how I go. Monday I am back at work and its a long commute, so I want to make sure I feel comfortable enough before I do that.

i am struggling to sleep elevated and on my back, I have 4-6 weeks of it before I can sleep on my side, and it is going to be the toughest part of my recovery. My hubby saw me this morning and said "that's less than 45 degrees", I slide down during the night to try and get comfortable, but doing my best to stay as upright as I can.

I have posted a few photos of how the new boobies are progressing, I think my PS has done an outstanding job and I can imagine that when they finally drop and fluff they will be everything I dreamed of. I am very glad that I did research into how they would look for the first month or so, otherwise this torpedo shape would be making me cry!

Just a really quick post to say that this thread includes you too Maynegirl, you're an October and November girl!

It's also for anyone post op who wants to share their post-op experiences and for anyone pre-op who has any questions.

Everyone's welcome in other words : )

This is a great thread. Love hearing all of your stories. Hopefully I will book my surgery in the next week and then be able to start counting down! Lokilady I'll send you a FR if that's ok as I'd love to see your photos as I also have a scoliosis and one of my left ribs sits slightly forward

Just a really quick post to say that this thread includes you too Maynegirl, you're an October and November girl!

It's also for anyone post op who wants to share their post-op experiences and for anyone pre-op who has any questions.

Everyone's welcome in other words : )

merlin I havea. Pre-op q - what's the main differences between brazilians and textured implants?

Thanks Merlin for starting this thread, awesome idea ;)

Day 12 for me - feeling I am now on the upward road now, after emailing my surgeon around day 3 with some pictures etc it was relayed to me I had severe swelling this is due to my tight pec muscles so my advice to ladies who lift leave out chest days for at least a month prior, due to this my implant is going to take longer to drop as my muscle has to stretch and relax, also ladies start the icing as soon as possible as swelling hits it peak around day 3/4

I stopped wearing my compression bra around day 7 and have opted for the sports crop top way more comfortable.. Right boobie is having the most trouble really tight up top and get boobie cramps that can take my breathe away and have me stop in my tracks, left boobie is going really well I can feel the softness on the sides, speaking of sides I have a lot of side boob which I actually like not sure if these will drop either, though ladies make sure you shave your armpits before surgery, omg!!! I have the hairiest hippy burn ya bra pro women pits ever and I can't get the razor into the crevasse looks like I have two hairy f....

Sleeping day 12 is so so so much better than those first couple of days, I sleep now on my back and left side only at the moment as right boobie is still having problems relaxing, because I am not doing a lot during the day I am finding that my sleep at night is very broken, I sleep for about 2 to 3 hours then I wake for about 30mins and then drift off again.

Showering I did bird bath's for about 5 days then went to the shower, I had my hair wash at a salon because I couldn't do it and wow!!! My hair was coming out in chunks the hairdresser said it is after effects of the general. I took my incision tape off for the first time last night and I am so impressed I have completely healed, left the original tape on from surgery for 11 days and just kept it dry.

I love my size, very happy with the teardrop implant and my plastic surgeon has done a brilliant job on my saggy boobies, the shape now is still a little funny I think due to my pec muscle holding on tight to it, I am waiting for the drop and fluff and will re asses at 3 months how my nipple looks as it still has a bit to rise up and kick out,

I go back to work next week eek!!! I can only imagine the reaction from certain people ( haters ) but I am already going in with the mind set of "own those beautiful boobies Kazza work it" lol!!!

I still have some emotional down days but have equal amounts of up days as well, loved the journey leading up to it and embracing my new one ahead of me xxx

Thanks for ur informative story Kazza, and good to know about the pec muscles and lifting. I've been struggling to recover from bronchitis & bruised ribs for the past few weeks so have had to let my lifting go out the window (surgery in 3 weeks time) so maybe it's not such a bad thing for my pecs!! I've sent u a FR if u don't mind as I'd live to see ur results, I'm getting 500 Unders :)

What an awesome idea merlin! I miss the old thread, even if I didnt post much once I'd had the surgery. I still read there nearly every day :)

I am one month exactly! I didnt realise until I looked at the calneder. This time one month ago, I was trying to sleep and wondering when the other shoe was going to drop and i was going to be told it wasnt happening. its a good thing I didnt know then how many tests I was waiting on to give the go ahead.

The first 3 days were the hardest. I struggled to move in and out of bed and just chilled out and had 2 ice packs on nearly every minute I was awake. Then it came right and i had a holiday, although still icing regulary. Flying home sucked a bit because I couldnt sleep but once I was back and in my own bed...bliss. LOL at all the shaving comments. I read someone - I think it was Donatella - say before her surgery she'd waxed her things and I thought it was such a good idea, I stopped shaving one month per surgery, much to DH's disgust. then waxed pits, legs, and lady bits a couple of days before hand and that took care of that for a couple of weeks.

I went back to work on day 15, but asked for reduced duties, that lasted 2 days before I was asked to do more, and then had to do some over time to boot :( I got thru it although I did have a couple of bad days and came on here to blub a bit :) Bless this forum and the kind ladies who frequent it {{{Hugs}}}

Today I changed my dressings for the 2nd to last time - Dr Nond wants the silitape on until the 9th and all but one scab is off. YAY!!!! The boob texture is still very hard, but I can feel softening all over it, they're just not squeezable yet. Hubby misses my old boobs but likes looking at these ones...most of the time :)

I cant say I love mine. I like them well enough. They are definatly an improvement on the old ones, but I am still dissapointed I couldne get bigger ones. I know the reasons for this size and I even agree with it entirely, but it doesnt stop the 'if only's'. Guess I just have to wait for mind and heart to get in synch.

I've tried on a couple of bra's and they were DD, but still D&Fing and still loosing volume as the swelling goes down more. Cant wait for Christmas so i can get more of an idea what they'll look like, and can go swimming. Mind you, have to buy new swimsuit LOL!

Hi everyone

I've been wondering how all the October girls are going now that we've all 'crossed over'. I didn't know I was going to be an October girl until the last minute, so I didn't post in that section much but I did read the posts often, hoping that I might end up joining all of you.

So I silently watched as you all got excited and organised for your upcoming operations and then one by one the big day came for each of you.

My operation was on the 31st so I'm still only 5 days post-op today, but some of you would be weeks along now and I would love to know how recovery has been for you, how happy you are with your results, how well you're feeling now, what changes you've noticed in your boobs and when they happened etc etc.

Hope everyone's is going great post-op!

Great thread thanks Merlin, I will follow this as I've been following the October/November girls. My surgery is in 3 weeks!! Eeek!! So good to read about everyone's recovery tho!! Thought we were friends already but were not, so I'm gona FR you! :)

9 days post op and today I noticed the 'girls' had softened considerably. I can give them the teensiest of squeezes and there's movement, not solid as boulders anymore!

I have a big night out tonight (seeing a show) so this will be my first big excursion, getting me back no training for when I have to put in 9 hour work days next week I guess. I have chickened out on the driving though, I will be picked up and dropped home tonight.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, it helps me to see the light at the end of the tunnel and that there will be one, because for me, now day 6, not much change. My waist is more obvious, the implants are softer to feel, but still look like bowling balls on my chest to me. I'm so impatient, but I just can't wait to see some changes!!

It's funny that there are so many different instructions from our doctors re post op care.

My Dr said shower the next day, when other have been told to wait a while. He also said take the tape off on the second day as he wants the air to get to the wound ASAP, whereas others are told to protect the wound and take the tape, bandage etc off days, weeks later. Some people are advised to sleep semi-upright, I've just been told to sleep on my back. Some people have been told to sleep on back for many weeks, I've been told 1 week then side sleeping OK. Some people have to wait many weeks to wear bras, My Dr says 3 weeks for wirefree, 5 (I think) for wired.

So much advice, no wonder everyone gets confused!!

Hi Chem, the difference between textured and brazilian implants: Brazilian implants are textured implants but with an extra coating on the outside. This coating adheres to the chest wall (in a velcro kind of way), this stops rotation and movement of the implant, also the special surface of the brazilian dramatically reduces the possibility of capsular contracture (1%). At first these implants are firmer than normal textured implants but between 6 months and 1 year the outer shell comes off the imaplnt and integrates with the surrounding tissues, creating a soft netting around the implant. At this point you can no longer feel the netting, just the implant, and my Dr says they then feel the same in softness compared to other textured implants. Some people agree with this, other don't : )

Kazza, I LOVE your attitude! I wish I had your guts to just face the crowd and not worry about what they think. I worry way too much and am kind of hiding myself away at the moment as right now they are so full and round I'm half expecting people to point and yell "she's had a boob job!" As I come out of the house. I'm 42 now, you'd think I'd be a bit less cowardly and worried about everyone's opinions by now, but unfortunately, no. Oh well.

Lilbeetle, I love reading your posts, you're so funny! What a shame you don't love your boobs yet - I hope that comes soon!

Libby1 (boobiebuddy), hope you're going OK, you seem to be recovering so well, lucky thing, and your boobs look FANTASTIC!

Lokilady, I'm jealous that your boobs are feeling softer now, can't wait until that's me!

Hey breast friend haha. We are same age amd had same say how awesome. Im still no where near in the clear. I get sore back and swallon tummy. My boibs are also hot today as in heat. My nipples are having electric shocks from the nerves also my incisions are sore today. I have my first post op app tomorrow where they are taking tape of. But compared to some recoveries im doing ok. I feel ive been over doing it, like changed my kids beds yesterday, they have queen beds. Washed my shower down. Did 2 loads washing, ive been driving to as have no choice wer I live. Im sore this arvo so now have feet up. I need to get better before flying out next Thursday.

I feel so attached our October girls and think its great we can now assist with the next group of ladies to step up and get boobies :)

Agree Merlin so many differences to recovery etc though as libby mentioned the other day it's knowing your body and tuning into what you know will work for you, I have learnt so much about my bodies healing process over these last couple of days it's been good.

Hot boobs hey LOL!!!! That's interesting I wonder what would cause that?? Grab the ice packs love and check your incisions to see if they have flared up.

The way I think is we have put so much work physically, emotionally and financially into these beautiful mounds on our chests and I for one have worried to much about what other peoples views have been on me, not this time this is my reward for losing over 30kilos and keeping it off for 3 years, this is my reward for ending a 12 year emotionally abusive relationship and most of all it is me finally grabbing life again and living it!!! As I can see I have no other option than to own these beauties hehehehe....

Omg!!! Some....Men are Neanderthals, I had 2 men make small talk with me whilst putting petrol in my car today and they did not stop staring....this would never have happened to me weeks ago especially at a service station...lol!!!

Hey breast friend haha. We are same age amd had same say how awesome. Im still no where near in the clear. I get sore back and swallon tummy. My boibs are also hot today as in heat. My nipples are having electric shocks from the nerves also my incisions are sore today. I have my first post op app tomorrow where they are taking tape of. But compared to some recoveries im doing ok. I feel ive been over doing it, like changed my kids beds yesterday, they have queen beds. Washed my shower down. Did 2 loads washing, ive been driving to as have no choice wer I live. Im sore this arvo so now have feet up. I need to get better before flying out next Thursday.

Libby I was the same, still em I have the two little ones and partner still away in the mines not back for another week and the general house stuff just has to be done, I find I race around in the morning doing the necessary things washing, folding, beds, dishwasher, kids to school etc then I have to sit for 3-4 hrs with ice, I feel this has prolonged my recovery but I have no other option at the moment, sucks abit :(