Sign in to follow this  
HarlowAudrey

Work issues.. What can I do?

I work in a small team.

There is myself and two other girls (K & P) our direct manager (J) and our general manager (M).

I have been there the longest and as everyone came on board have tried to be nice to make friends. I got along great with K & my boss J but not really with P, for no other reason than we just never bonded.

There has been some drama and changes at work at P and I have started talking.. It came out tonight at dinner with her and K that my boss J told P that:

1) I am racist and hate Asians (she is Asian)

2) I think P is a skank and a bad mother

3) I think her BF is a drug dealer

4) I am fake nice and can't be trusted.

My boss has also gossiped about P & K to me, and also to K about me and P.

What can I do here? I am almost in tears thinking about how P must of felt working with me.. She is shy and anxious and she said she got rashes when I would speak to her because she was so afraid of me.

I try and be a nice, kind person and I am so angry right now that someone, my boss no less, is creating such a hostile work environment.

That's sucks. That's why I work with only men, you don't get that sort of backstabbing and bitching. Maybe you could ask for for coffee and explain how you feel and how things she may have heard are not true. I really feel for you. Good luck.

oh my gosh that's horrible! is your boss someone you can sit down with and discuss things and sort them out yourself? if not definitely go further with it because that's not okay!

There is no HR. There is the owner and partner who aren't really involved, the GM and us girls. I am not sure whether anything will happen of I speak to the GM- the other two girls have made complaints against J but nothing has happened.

I really want a new job but because I'm part time due to Uni it's hard to find something that for any schedule.

I'd approach her and tell her you know these things have been said. You feel that this situation is getting catty and you would prefer it if she would keep her gossiping to herself. If you don't do that as a minimum I'd tell your GM

Maybe if the 3 of you approach the GM as a united front they won't be able to just ignore it and take no action. It is difficult as you don't want to work in an even more hostile environment and sometimes at the end of the day it is just not worth being there. I think you should speak up though. Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice ladies, I ended up resigning on Friday. My GM was pretty upset and asked why and kept prompting me to be honest.. So I was.. Boy, was I. She basically told me that J is on the chopping block and to wait it out but I have a new job offer that I start 2 weeks after my operation so it's time to go!

Thanks beautiful girls. I went shopping yesterday for new work clothes.. There were a few things that were a little loose in the chest but fit well around my (wide) hips.. I bought them anyway cause in 18 days I will be able to fill them out perfectly! So excited about a fresh start and being able to recover from my surgery from the constant anxiety feeling I've had for the past few months :)