Sign in to follow this  
BeeNew

Update on me, still having issues

Firstly I'm really sorry that I havent accepted anyones friend requests or answered any messages. I had been trying to just stay away from everything to do with boobs, try to stop focussing on them while I 'wait and see" if any of my issues resolve so I didn't get so upset all the time.

I'm now just over 3 months post op, had to have a redo one side at 3 weeks post op for a double bubble type look. Mainly this can be due to them lowering your crease but mine never was.

Anyway, 3 months on and I still have the double bubble look just as before and my other side even has it slightly too. My scars are also still horrible even though I've been using silicon gel twice a day as soon as my stitches healed over.

I can feel the edging of the implant quite a lot and rippling when I lean forward.

I just sent Dr Harwood more updates and he got me to lift the skin above my nipple to see if the fold disappears which it does. Even though my nipple was still above my crease pre-op, so didnt need a lift at all, apparently this means my skin tone doesn't want to snug the implant and my only options are -

1 - Do nothing - wait and see

2 - Consider a benelli type lift around my areola to take up the slack which the benefit is I can keep my C cup (I dont want to go big plus even with this size I can feel all the edging of the implant) .... it can be done soon BUT the downside he said is that I may be left with bad scarring seen as my crease scars aren't healing well (he's not at all happy with my scars)

3 - Go with a bigger implant which can't be done for quite a while due to waiting for the brazilian implants coating to break down etc.

4- Investigate laser skin tightening for my upper breast but he doesnt know how effective it would be.

So there you go, everything from the size, the shape and my scars haven't worked out even close to what I had hoped :(

I know Dr Harwood will look after me and dont think it had anything to do with him as a surgeon or the choice of implants he used on me, just my skin, my body unfortunately. But now I'm left with what to do??? Any advice?? Anyone else ever have these issues where theres a double bubble even though the crease was never lowered? Did going bigger resolve it, benelli lift???

Hey BeeNew, what is it with us Adelaidies?! Just sent you a PM back.

Really sorry to hear this.

Would going over the muscle help I wonder, as I have been thinking the same with me, even though it isn't ideal, as maybe it is the muscle?

Big hugs xx

Beenew, I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems. I've got a similar problem with the skin stretching. Mine has also stretched too much and my last correspondence with my PS had him mentioning that I may need a lift also.

I saw a second PS who could see the problem with my skin but said for me, it's not worth the money or the scars to do a lift at this stage and to wait until they need to be replaced in 5-10 years. I enquired about going bigger but this PS said that it would make the problem worse for me as it would be a heavier implant and it would cause the skin to stretch more.

My own concern / question with having a lift would be that will my skin continue to stretch and will I need a lift again in the coming years. I didn't ask that question but I am due to go back to my PS in January for a check up and will ask that then.

I've not heard of the laser skin tightening but I might look into it.

I hope it helps a little to know that I'm also facing some of the same problem and can understand some of your emotions.

Take care and keep me updated.

BeeNew

I wish I had great advice for you, unfortunately I am pretty new to the world of BA's. I remember reading your initial posts when you first started having the problems and I was very sad for you, I so hope that you find a good solution soon.

We are all thinking of you - wish I could offer more than that!