Sign in to follow this  
LadyLumps

Any idea on what this is?

So this morning I discovered this. It's on both sides but more so under my left boob. You can't see it unless I'm sucking in my tummy and pulling the skin tight under my boobs. My initial thought was mondors cords,but thought I would check in here first. I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow. It is tender when the skin has been tightened,but not massively painful. Normally it doesn't hurt at all. Any ideas?

post-10303-140437353526_thumb.jpg

post-10303-140437353532_thumb.jpg

Looks like mondor chords babe xx nothing to worry about xx

[h=2]Mondor's Cord[/h]

[TABLE="width: 100%"]

[TR]

[TD="width: 100%"]Risks bullet.gif Mondor's Cord[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Mondor's Cord is inflammation of a blood vessel. It isn't considered a "risk", per se. It heals on it's own, and causes no permanent damage.

The small vein that's visible is called Mondor's Cord. Mondor's Cord is not a complication. It resolves on it's own. Ibuprofen and warm compresses may be used for discomfort, which is usually fairly minor. One or more "cords" may be present, and is may also be seen in the arm (extending from the armpit to the elbow).If you get Mondor's Cord, you should consult with your surgeon before taking Ibuprofen, which thins the blood. Some surgeons don't want their patients taking anything that thins the blood for a few weeks after surgery, while other surgeons are more lenient.

I was literally just coming to ask about the same thing, mine is exactly as inde12 described, in my arm from the armpit to elbow. It gives me discomfort when extending my arms in a T shape (one of my post op exercises), but otherwise I don't feel it. I am not allowed ibuprofen, I rang the nurse and she told me to just keep an eye on it.

So this morning I discovered this. It's on both sides but more so under my left boob. You can't see it unless I'm sucking in my tummy and pulling the skin tight under my boobs. My initial thought was mondors cords,but thought I would check in here first. I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow. It is tender when the skin has been tightened,but not massively painful. Normally it doesn't hurt at all. Any ideas?

I had this also on my left boob could only see it when pulled the skin tight and if I lifted anything too heavy on that side would hurt, but don't have any problems with it now