Sign in to follow this  
Purple dreams

One numb breast

I am 5 days post op today and I seem to have one breast with all feeling (nipple included) and the other with a numb nipple and area around the nipple. So weird having one alive tit and one that feels non alive! lol. Anyone else like this?

mine are still numb from nipple down, not so much numb its like pins and needles, so waking up haha, its such a weird feeling but the top is fine, its just were they inject the locals, but im 6 days and still have it, don't no how long it lasts, seeing dr fleming tomorrow to get dressings removed so I will be asking him, also my nipples are tingling like little electric shocks so nerves are waking up

Both of mine are numb nipple to about 3cm out. I get he kind of pins and needles sometimes, and something that feels like tight cold nipples, but they stay flat.

I miss feeling in my boobs :(

Its just nerve damage and once they heal and or regenerate it comes right

My left breast has been perfectly fine sine my surgery. My right breast on the other hand has been pretty much numb the entire time. I've only started getting sensation back in my right nipple after I had scar tissue bands removed last week.

Mum05, did it just happen that it started to come back? I'm 10.5 months and still almost completely numb on both breasts. I can't feel anything on my actual breast, just the tops and some of the sides. I think I've come to the conclusion that the feeling won't come back but I'd love it to. My hubby squeezed one of my nipples the other day and while it's numb it was a little too hard and the sharp pain I felt was so bad. I'm hoping it means that since there is something there it may still come back. Here's to hope.

Im wondering when/if I'll regain senstation. I have some feeling - I can tell when they're being pressed on, and they are temperature senstive. If my wee man knocks them I feel that as well! Its just that they are topically numb. I had all my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago and ended up with a numb line running from the each corner of my lips straight down to my chin. It took about 3 years for feeling to entirely return to one side and I'd say about 85% to the other side - its been 6 years and still a bit numb. So maybe there is a chance for those who are still waiting for sensation.