Sign in to follow this  
Cupcake85

Feel guilty

My redos costing $21K as I also need a lift which ups the cost. I thought about travelling interstate or going to a different surgeon. I may still get a second opinion with Dr Lee who is slightly cheaper at $18K but I'm leaning towards Dr Connell as I was so happy with the job he did on my redo. Today my dad who has always been supportive of my surgery said it was a bit of a waste of money. It's made me feel so guilty as I don't have all the money saved and would likely finance the rest. I know it's a lot of money but don't I deserve to be happy with my boobs? They are that saggy I need a full anchor lift. We could spend the money doing up the house and buying a new car but I'm truly miserable with the amount of sagging I have as well as the natural slope of my anatomicals when I wear a bikini top. Did anyone else feel guilty about spending so much money?

Hey Cupcake,

A big part of what made me reluctant to have my surgery was feeling guilty about spending that amount of money on myself. I worried that I'd always feel guilty about it, but once I'd paid that was it. I've never felt guilty.

But all situations are different, and I think it's up to you what you feel is the most important thing for you.

Hey Cupcake. I don't think you should feel guilty...it would have been nice to have had the support of your dad; maybe if you sat down with him and explained how it makes you feel he might be a bit more understanding? Sometimes our parents can be a bit funny about us doing things to our bodies that they might not consider 'necessary' when often they are necessary to us? As long as your partner is on side and happy then I wouldn't be too concerned about other people's opinions, they are always going to be other things that you could spend the money on but you've had your redo planned for so long it seems a shame to cancel it because you feel guilty (when you have no need to). You do deserve to be happy and if that means spending 18k or 21k to be happy then I think its money very well spent :) xx

Hey cupcake...I initially felt guilty for spending soo much money on getting my boobs. I thought about all the holidays I could be going on or adding that money to my deposit for a house etc. Truth is there is always something that you could be spending your money on. As much as I can't stand the saying 'yolo'- it's true....you do only live once. Why not do something that makes you happy. Looking back I'm soo glad the price of implants didn't hold me back. I have soo much more body confidence now! I feel 'sexy'- haha never thought I would say that with all my chicken fillets, love buying new bras and just feel generally happier in myself. Love going out now. Def can't put a price on your self esteem/ happiness! All the best chiki!! Btw Mark Lee is awesome!! :)) x

I feel extremelyguilty and wonder if it will be worth it.

Last year my husbandused his bonus to be me a Lexus (he has an 2006 ford) because he wanted me tohave a nice car, and this year instead of buying himself a new car he gave memoney for my surgery. He also gave up the holiday we were planning for Vegas ashe couldn’t get leave for my recovery and to go overseas.

I made a commitmentto myself though that I will be putting an extra $100 a payday on top of what Ialready save into our joint savings towards a house deposit. It has alleviatedsome of the guilt, but not all of it. As women I think we are geneticallyprogrammed to feel guilty when doing things for ourselves? Either way, just know that these feelings arenormal, and you deserve to be happy.

I don't feel guilty about the money as I have been retrenched so am using part of my package with my husbands blessing. On the other hand my family are giving me a hard time and my younger sister wants me to think about the message I am sending to my 7 yo son and 5yo daughter :( still trying to work out in my head if I am worried about that but it is not going to make me change my mind. I can't even fill out a b cup now :(