Sign in to follow this  
Raven

solarium after ba?? almost 3 weeks post op

Hey girlies.. im almost 3 weeks post op and I really wanna hit the solarium for a small session... do you think ill be ok to go in with dressings covering my scars?? I have some waterproof ones left and was thinking I might just stick them on???

Yes they will be banned in Queensland from December 2014, it was recently announced. Which when you think about it makes sense if you're in Queensland you normally get plenty of sun exposure as it is and skin cancer rates here are insanely high. In Spring/Summer there's probably no need to go to a solarium when you can lie outside instead anyway. In winter it's a different story and it can be hard to find a fake tan that looks brown on you not orange so you might need to do some shopping around.

I still go to a solarium in winter when it's too cold to be in the sun because some UV light actually helps my skin a bit because it dries it out so much!

I went last night and covered them with dressings and was fine I done an 8 minute session just a little colour.. I know im going to get one the fake tans soon .. just hate the smell and the stains it leavea on my clothes. Donatella I seen ur tan machine post im gonna buy it I think ;)

Cant stand fake tans. Used to get them every week for like 3 years!! get over the wetness in bed and smell. I know solariums arent good for you but what is these days plus if you dont over use them i dont see every now and then to be a problem. I go occasionally to boost up my colour but im usually always at the beach anyway.

im 5 weeks post op and have started back this week. just be really cautious that your skin has been stretched, therefore it is thinner and will burn very easily! I did a 9 minute session with the towel covering my boobs as i will just fake tan my chest, just in case! plenty of sunscreen!

Correct girls I work for the health department and solariums will be illegal soon - you may not be in them for long but the effect on your skin is irreversible. Fact you are 59% more likely to get skin cancer if you have used solariums! check out the link

http://www.cancercouncil.com.au/60644/reduce-risks/sun-protection/tips-for-being-be-sunsmart/solariums-be-sunsmart/solariums-to-be-banned-in-nsw/

ps there are some natural fake tans now that don't smell xxx

What Donatella said! I'm like freaked out coz I went in 1 a cpl times yrs ago and apparently ur risk for skin cancer doubles after using it just once! Eek! Get urself a personal spray tanning kit.i loveee mine.and u can top it up as much as u want :) and there's some really good solutions around now that arnt orange looking.