Sign in to follow this  
Mel.d

Who's been through Dr.Szalay in Brissy?!?

Hi ladies, havent posted in a while because my boobie research went on hold for awhile, but I am back at it again!!

I started off with wanting to go overseas to thailand for a breast augmentation with Dr. Witoon which was originally booked for the the end of the year. I was still second guessing about travelling overseas to get a BA and still did more research on australian surgeons. I then found out about The Cosmetic Institute in Sydney which totally changed my mind about going to thailand so I cancelled with dr.witoon because my heart was set on going to TCI. But. My partner is living in Brisbane at the moment and I will be moving at the start of january, so I decided to do some reseach on surgeons in Brisbane and tadaaaaaaa, found Dr. Szalay who does breast augmentations for $7400 which is perfect because our house in 10 minutes away from surgery!! So even if i went to TCI id still have to pay for flights, accomodation, food and all that crap that would have ended up costing the same amount. SO. My question is, for all those ladies who have had their BA with Dr. Szalay, please inform me on EVERRRRYTHING! haha, as far as i have read, he is a fantastic surgeon, but, his a bit stand off-ish and gets straight to the point. Which I am totally fine with. Please tell me your experience with Dr. Szalay and whether you recommend him or not. Thanks :)

Hi Mel, I've had a consult with him and he is very nice and factual. I've booked my surgery with him on the 9th December. As far as I have read ppl say he is a great surgeon and he was very professional. Will let u know more after I've had mine done :)

Hi girls,

I also want to see him- but I've sent emails and have been trying to call and no reply/answer.. I got the phone number off their website - does anyone have a different contact number for him?

Thanks in advance

Hi Mel.d

I had my BA with Dr S just over 3 weeks ago. Loving my boobs!! He is a straight to the point kinda guy, but still friendly & a great surgeon. I wrote a thread on my experience, if you search through my posts you'll find it :)

Hey ladies, thanks for that! Ive been trying to call his clinic for the past 2 days but that explains why i havent been getting any answers! Haha

Thanks Tayo83 i'll have a read through now, its so exciting!! I was hoping to see him sometime this week but I leave brisbane on tuesday which is a bummer, oh well, i'll definitely be having a consult when im up here next!

I am booked with Dr Szalay in a few weeks. I have found the clinic to be a little unprofessional and unorganised with not returning calls etc however Dr Szalay is my 4th surgeon I've seen and I've opted to go with him. Reason being is my gut feeling and he seemed like a perfectionist in our first consult. He's not the friendliest surgeon I've had a consult with but he's not unfriendly. He seems like he is good at what he does and from his website pics they are some of the best I've seen. Will let you know how I go.

Thanks stace, I totally agree with you about not returning calls, i've been trying to get a hold of them for days and they just never answer or return calls!!!!! Very fustrating, but asides from that, i'm still going to go with dr.szalay as well, i just hope he gives me a personal contact number because i cant imagine if something went wrong and they never answer the phone ill be screwed and stressed haha!! Let me know how your augmentation goes. Do you happen to know what brand of implant he uses? I know he uses brazillians as well, but do you know what the other brand of normal implant he uses? :)

Hi Mel D, he uses the silimed silicone implants. I got this done yesterday and I was kinda freaking out a little because I've never had surgery before and he wasn't very warm but I knew that before deciding to go with him. The nurses on the other hand were lovely. I didn't see Dr Szalay after the surgery so you get the idea. There is no warm bedside manner going on there. I was in a lot of pain last night and this morning. The painkillers help to take the edge off most definitely. Very groggy after the surgery. Still don't feel very normal today. I think they look good I haven't really been bothered trying to see what they look like im just focusing on getting past the pain at the moment. I feel a little top heavy, just takes some getting used to I guess. The kids slept at my mums last night and I'm so glad they did I couldn't have dealt with them yesterday or even today I doubt I will be able to pick my little one up. You do get his mobile number and home number with the paperwork once you've booked a date. I went with 445cc round dual plane. Looking at my breasts today I think one of my nipples sits a little lower than the other side but Dr Szalay did say that to me before surgery that one sits up higher than the other and there isn't anything he can do about that. He just wanted me to know because I will notice it more with bigger boobs. Good luck, have you booked yet? I have to go in for a check up today. I'll let you know how that goes ;)

I was actually going to make a post about trying to get hold of them for days to book my surgery in and it's becoming soooo frustrating! That is the one thing that is driving me mad choosing to go with Dr Szalay. When I've been there the receptionists are so lovely and answer the calls but i can never get through to them :( does anyone know if he's away again or something? I've been trying to call since Tuesday and still no answer

Ahh stace congratulations! How exciting!!! I hope you dont mind if i send a FR :)

Oh I can imagine how nerve racking it would be, do they perform the surgery in their little clinic or is it elsewhere? Oh thats awful, I feel like he should have been there afterwards to double check things with you before you left :S

Thank god, I was really hoping we get some contact numbers because its so bloody hard to get onto reception, even though the ladies are so so lovely dont get me wrong haha!

I'm glad he warned you about your nipple, I hope your not to worried about it, they'll look amazing I bet! I'm worried my nipples are going to double in size hahaha oh well, no ones gonna see it apart from my partner and I so who cares!

Let me know how you go today!! So happy for you!! I havent booked, I probably wont till end of year when I 100% have all of the money, plus a little left over in case of emergency instead of getting a loan, I think i'll feel better having it ALL payed off and not have to worry about loan repayments :)

I know!!!! I got a hold of them maybe two days ago but I had to make like 5 phone calls, its soo fustrating!! Yet they are so lovely so I dont want to be mad at them haha, but I completely know how your feeling :|

Re: not being able to get hold of them I've been there many times when they just let the phone ring. In saying that I can't coPlain about his work. I'm 1 week post op and they look fantastic! Mel D I have accepted your friend request I will have to put up some pics soon!