Sign in to follow this  
ajh1483

Hi All, I am booked in for a BA on 11.12.13 with Dr Milovik in Canberra at the Capital Day surgical Centre;). I remember reading here a few months ago a list of the thing people recommend you take with you to the hospital, and for afterwards. can anyone please oint me in the right direction? Also has anyone had surgery at the Capital Day surgical Centre? I would love some Friend requests from any one who has had a BA or planning to in the near future. Would love to share your stories. Thanks

Hello! I'm just about to accept your FR :) I wore comfy clothes on surgery day (leggings, zip up hoodie top, ugh boots, warm socks), my phone, phone charger, headphones, clean undies (lol), and not much else. I forgot to bursh my teeth during my overnight stay but didn't eat for over. 24 hrs anyway. Nurses provided me with towels for a shower the morning of my discharge but I said no thanks I'll shower at home. You don't need to take much at all, are you staying overnight?

At home I had lots of pillows to prop me up, pain meds and magazines on hand and water. I never read the magazines or used lots of pillows for long cos I had such an easy recovery. Minimal discomfort, no bloating or bodily reactions to anesthetic, I was up and back to almost normal on day two. Everyone's different I guess it's better to be prepared than not. Ice packs are meant to be good but I never needed them either

Thanks so much! So glad to hear you had a speedy recovery. It is a day surgery hospital, but has an adjoining medihotel which my partner and I will be staying in, and has nurses staying there as well. You are right, I suppose everyone will be different!!! Thanks again