Sign in to follow this  
Lissybear

Dr downie consult results

So I had my consult with dr downie yesterday (well his nurse Gail) who was sooo lovely.

she believes I am only just borderline a lift and believes I can get away with not having a full BL. She showed me lots of photos of bbs like mine that didnt have a BL and they looked great.

Pshe did mention that if anything dr downie might recommend a pre-pectoral separation (ie: internal nipple lift) she said these don't interfere with breast feeding either. Plus the cost is only a few hundred more instead of thousands.

we decided on cereform 450cc .

Qustions I have.

has anyone had a internal nipple lift.

they also use drains after the op to help remove excess fluid and blood. Apparently these are in for 24 hours. Has anyone had these. It's the first I've heard of them.

Hey Liss, I missed you by a day I was in Downies office today, saw Gail too she is lovely!

thats great news about the lift, Dr Downie does natural looking boobs, he's very very good at mimicking the natural breast. He likes drains because it lessens swelling time and complications such as Seroma and haematoma. I had them, Thailand girls get them and dr mark Ashton girls get them too. They're only a good thing in my opinion, I'm a favour of them. There are a few of us here who have Cereforms and love them, I'm not sure you got to feel one? But they are soft and Downie says that *touch wood* he hasn't had any CC with them in the last few years he's been using them (they have a less then 1% CC and rupture rate)

Donatella is right, some surgeons use them and some don't. Mine didn't and I had very minimal swelling and no problems but I was open to them being used if it was the case. Basically choose a surgeon you like and trust and if they have good feedback you should be fine. Of course there's a small chance of complications but complications that can't be controlled more so than actual implant complications (blood pressure, bleeding, body reactions to anesthetic etc )

Yeah im not fussed either way.. guess my only thong was them being annoying anf my girls seeing them. I live in brissy so would need to travel there home and back again to get removed.

Might look at staying at goldcoast for that night or 2?? If I go ahead. :)

You get a 'hand bag' like a calico bag that slings over your shoulder to hide them so no one sees them. The travel is tedious but don't stay in a hotel if you have someone to drive you, mind you it's cheap as to stay down here! I wonder if you can use private health to stay at Pindara Private hospital overnight? Probably not being cosmetic but might be able to work something out with the lift? I'd have a chat to his PA Nikki who is awesome at all that.

My first surgery 24 hours but my revision I had them 5 days!!! This is because my surgery was more intricate and the drains keep draining so better out then in! You'll be drugged up plus you get sleeping tablets so sleeping isn't a huge issue. You won't see the drains they are hidden in your little shoulder bag.

here is me day 2, you can see they strap the drains to you so they're secure also you'll see the top of the bag at my thigh they sit in there and you just sling the bag crossed over your shoulder :)

null_zps5314577d.jpg

Dr Tavakoli uses drains too, I had them for just one day. Unlike the cool shoulder bag Donatella had, mine were just tied up with a cord to keep them about groin level. I just wore a long baggy top to cover them.

Here is a pic of the drains when I got home from hospital.

post-9236-140437353557_thumb.jpg

Drains are good for things like swelling and seroma/haematoma as all the fluid from the breast pocket is drained out of the area instead of waiting to be absorbed by the body. Many surgeons use techniques these days that lessen the fluid content therefore the need to use drains so your surgeon will use them based on their method and expected fluid collection. My PS said to me that 40cc of fluid and under will be absorbed by the body anything over that is a nuisance and can cause problems later. The bacteria in the fluid also contains nasties hence why we like it out/absorbed by the body ASAP. I wouldn't be too worried here nor there about drains, they are really based on personal preference and technique :)

Tubi grip is a form of compression stocking, I'm not sure how it'd be used in breast surgery other then if the surgeon wanted to cut a large piece and make a vest out of it. I used it a lot (and made vests out of it) for plastic reconstruction surgery (think cancers) but haven't seen it used for a BA (most surgeons just get girls to buy form fitting crop tops). This is tubi grip and it comes in a range of sizes to fit all areas of the body