Sign in to follow this  
Sophieschick

Partner problems

I don't know how to put this without being heartless, but my partner is overweight very much so, he hates being fat but won't do anything, I think I have lost physical attraction to him, he eats so much, and not healthy, I gave him incentive to lose 20kg for Xmas and ill buy him a brand new tv....that went well for 2weeks...I'm going to have a serious talk with him tonight...I just can't be with someone who isn't looking after himself, it's affecting my weight aswell I've gained 10kg being with him and I keep putting it on. Sorry this post is all over the place but its good to get it off my chest. I just don't know what to do

I just re read that, I sound horrible...I don't care if he is 100% toned and ripped as, I just want someone who looks after their body and try to be healthy, I want to be healthy and it's hard when he isn't and I eat crappy foods because of it

That's understandable! You love him and want him to be healthy so that you guys can live a long healthy life together. It's not just about the way he looks, being overweight has soo many health problems. I think you need to discuss with him and explain to him that it's for these reasons you want him to lose weight? Not so much for the way he looks, because at the end of the day, when it comes to weight, it's up to him to have the determination to lose it. If he knows that his weight is making you worry or unhappy, he might want to try do more to change that?

Totally understand that post... The lack of drive and motivation is like poison, it spreads and will effect your eating habits and that of the children... It's not just a weight issue it be becomes a problem in so many areas. Good luck, tell him you love him but are not going to be his nurse maid when self inflicted obesity related issues make him sick.. And what about the effect on your daughter?? Set the example with good etc and see if he hops on board! Xx