Sign in to follow this  
nbsplasher

post surgery report

Hi ladies!

So i write to you snuggled on the couch, safe and sound at home (7/11).

I'm feeling good, remarkably good and in fact I'm very surprised and wondering when the pain will set in!

Here's my run down of the day's events.

I went in at 8.30 am to Avenue Plastic Surgery. The nurse gave me a run down of the day's events, which was then followed by a visit with the anaesthetist, and then my PS who marked me up. I was first cab off the rank today; went in, was given the general and knocked out in about 2 minutes! I came to pretty early on, back in my room. Nothing hurt except for my breasts, which felt very tender especially the nipple. I was given endone and some other goodies, after which I slept blissfully till about 1pm.

When I woke I was bright and cheerful. I ate half a piece of toast, and drank some apple juice. The dreaded sensation of needing to pee then struck me; I Was nervous about moving! But it was all fine! I needed minimal assistance with the walking technique, but managed everything else easily. At 3.30 Dad came and picked me up; I was able to get into the car and pivot with minimum discomfort. We got home 15 minutes later, where I plonked myself on the coach surrounded by stacks of pillows.

Ladies I feel great! I am able to move and go to the bathroom independently, although I do require assistance sitting up before standing. All else is fine. I am taking the main meds at the schedule provided and it seems sufficient. My thighs from lipo are sore, breasts are now not sore at all. Tummy feels like I totally overdid it at the gym and then some, but at this time it appears very manageable. I am able to sleep with knees up and slightly to one side, provided they're also propped up on pillows. I wasn't expecting that, I thought I'd be on my back all the time so this is a huge relief!

As for nausea, I'm generally strong stomached (every pun intended!) but I've taken anti nausea twice today, was on the verge of losing toast but have somehow kept everything down. I'm a bit thirsty but too much water sets off the nausea so I'm trying to go easy.

Tomorrow I am back to see my PS at 10am, at which time the two drains I believe will be removed, if all is well. I will also get to SEE!

Emotionally, I can't describe how I feel. Hugely relieved I am okay; worried that this is just day one and then it will go downhill; elated that this journey has finally begun and I am on the way to being flat stomached and more boobied! I'll post again tomorrow after I see my PS.

Nivy xx

Saw PS today. he is thrilled with how TT has turned out. I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror on the wall beside the dressing table and I was pretty excited. I've gone up 1 cup size, 260 CC in total injected to breasts. Stomach from what I could see under the tape looked flat. FLAT! Thighs are minimally bruised and are still sore, to be expected. 800ml total taken from them, and I believe 1.3kg from stomach. I am under strict orders to keep my binder on as tight as possible over the Marena suit (which as others have said is super comfortable, all things considered). Gotta keep it tight to prevent swelling and to aid recovery. I am feel very cheerful, now I can say that confidently as it isn't the aftermath of the general! My pain meds are being cut down too, with the option of going back to a bit more if I need it. So far I haven't had issues with nausea or constipation, but I've been told to drink prune juice and keep up veggie intake and I've been given meds in case opening bowels is tough.

I am now booked to go back on Tuesday for a quick look, though the nurse says she won't remove the tape then. Friday next week some of the tape will come off and I can get a better look at tummy. So far though, looks like my scar sits very low which is a relief!

I'm now back on the couch, neck pillow is a Godsend, about to watch some TV shows.

Nivy xx

Nivy xx

thanks tummy time. My back started to get very sore last night (Friday night, after surgery Thursday morning), and when i woke up today (Saturday, after 10 hrs sleep!) I was doubled over, and worried i had gone backwards. After ambling into the main house and propping myself on couches with a hot water bottle, I had brekkie, took pain meds and forced myself to go to the bathroom and freshen up. And something amazing happened. I'm still extremely sore but I can now walk straight! Pretty quick right? I'm back on the couch now and it takes me a few mins to "warm up" and straighten out, but I'm amazed it has happened so quick. It also helps my back but I don't want to get too excited.

thanks tummy time. My back started to get very sore last night (Friday night, after surgery Thursday morning), and when i woke up today (Saturday, after 10 hrs sleep!) I was doubled over, and worried i had gone backwards. After ambling into the main house and propping myself on couches with a hot water bottle, I had brekkie, took pain meds and forced myself to go to the bathroom and freshen up. And something amazing happened. I'm still extremely sore but I can now walk straight! Pretty quick right? I'm back on the couch now and it takes me a few mins to "warm up" and straighten out, but I'm amazed it has happened so quick. It also helps my back but I don't want to get too excited.

my my back ached for a few days... I just wanted to stretch backwards and straighten.. I think the back works extra hard to support the core muscles too....

You are doing so well... Keep it going..

I'm glad you're doing well, it gives me hope for my recovery *chuckle*. You're doing great, and you're a good reminder to myself that I will need to keep moving when I'm recovering because I tend to try not to move at all when I'm recovering from surgery.

hi Jennys, good luck with both! I am now on day 3. Pain meds I've cut down to panadol and the 2 anti inflammatories I've been told to take till I finish the prescription (in 2-3 days).No more endone! I am still sore etc but TBH it's the outer thighs where the lipo was done which probably is the most annoying. I also realised, just because I can stand almost fully upright doesn't mean I should, as I don't want to aggravate my scar. Word of advice: avoid laughing and coughing. It's hard but today I laughed and then was promptly in agony! Not worth it! Shallow chuckles are fine. I also had to remove my binder and compression garment just a bit so I could itch, I was DYING. So itchy! I can't wait to have it off on Tuesday for my check up but I'm scared to be at home without them fully done up as I really don't want to swell. Though I have no idea what's actually going on under the binder cos I can't see and refuse to take it off! Haha.

Also, not being able to shower is depressing but I'm using the high dependency shower wipes, and today, I washed my hair in the bathroom sink. I felt 10 times better after doing so, much more fresh. Being stuck at home is driving me NUTS so my boyfriend is taking me out for a drive today for a milkshake, I can't cope being cooped up all day days on end.

Besides these minor gripes I am coming along well I think, for the ladies who have any questions feel free to ask I'll let you know whatever I can. Looking forward to Tuesday so I can be told how I'm actually going!

Also I'm having issues uploading photos! Keeps failing on me, will try one at a time and then compressing if that doesn't work.

EDIT: Sorted it out, they were to big. uwful befores and day 1afters uploaded,will ask the nurse to take more on Tuesday, which will be day 5!