Sign in to follow this  
dee envy

In the event something went wrong??

Ladies who have had surgery overseas. In the rare event of something drastically going wrong and wanting to have your revision surgery in Australia, are you covered by your private insurance?? I have great private insurance that will cover some of the revision costs but just had a thought as to whether there would be an issue if the original surgery was done overseas?? Hmmm?? X

Hi Dee envy, I have had a disaster in Thailand and the short answer is no. I cant think of a circumstance where you would be covered. In my personal experience, I had a tummy tuck and breast lift in Thailand. My tummy still has loose skin only 12 weeks post op and to have it corrected here in Aus WITH top PHI, I will be out of pocket $6000+. If I had it done here in the first place, it would have only cost me around $4000 for the whole procedure due to Medicare refunds because of my massive weight loss AND I would have access to my surgeon for revision if needed. In regards to my boobs, same deal with Medicare, but now I have had it done in Bangkok (and they are horribly lopsided and uneven sizes) I have been told it will cost me $18000 plus and 3 separate surgeries to repair what they have done :(:(:( Now that I have had most of the skin removed from my tummy, and most of my breasts lifted, its no longer a medical reason so now Medicare wont touch me !!! If you have implants (I didn't) that go wrong, they may remove them here at a reduced rate, but they DEFINETLY wont replace them.

Geez you have had a horrible experience... I have read some terrible reviews on some of the doctors in Bangkok..terrible... I'm not at all concerned about my choice in doctor and just having implants at a modest size( he doesn't like the risks associated with large implants). I was more thinking about in the case my body rejected the implants and I got CC.. So would need revision surgery. I know they won't cover new implants but I'm pretty sure with PHI and Medicare surgery and hospital costs should have some rebate. My girlfriend got CC here with a top notch PS and payed for replacement implants.. It's a risk yes, and maybe more so not having my PS in Australia.. I have done my homework and preparing as best as I can( even have picked a surgeon here who will take me on if things go bad). I'm pretty lucky hubby works at ST Vinnies and one of my clients( also a friend) is a doctor.. I got good support.. Most of my family have been to PIAC for some type of plastic surgery and none have ever had anything but glowing reviews. I'm hoping for the same! Good luck on getting justice for your botched surgery.. :( Xxxxx