Sign in to follow this  
scaryspice

Post op work out plan!

Hi girls!

Can anyone recommend a workout plan for toning up and losing weight post BA?

I don't feel I want to run now that I have boobs, I want them to stay up high and I hate the pulling sensation on impact with the ground... So I'd rather do spin for cardio.

re: weights, I am worried about doing upper body stuff, Id prefer to work on my core strength.

Im thinking of getting back into my Tracey Anderson videos but ditching the dance routine (too much bouncing!)

pretty please share any experiences you have with getting back into gym post boobs.

thanks!!

Sounds like you just need more time adjusting to ur new assets.i have 360's and after fully healing I ran,did weights,and went back to teaching dance.and none of it altered my breasts.of course get urself a really good sports bra.but until u become fully use to them just do what ur comfortable with :)

I am 7 weeks post op. I went for my first run since surgery on Monday. I wore a high support underwire sports bra with a sports crop over the top. It felt a little weird at first but overall was ok.

I have been doing low impact cardio (walking, bike & x-trainer) from 1 week post op, was doing leg weights sessions from 3 weeks post op & did my first upper body weights session on Thursday. I did bicep curls, tricep pulldowns, dips, lat pulldowns, machine rows, overhead press & lateral raises. I just increased the weight a little on each set to work out my limits. As soon as I got to a weight that felt any sort of pulling or pain I decreased the weight. So now I have my baseline to start building from again.

I am 7 weeks post op. I went for my first run since surgery on Monday. I wore a high support underwire sports bra with a sports crop over the top. It felt a little weird at first but overall was ok.

I have been doing low impact cardio (walking, bike & x-trainer) from 1 week post op, was doing leg weights sessions from 3 weeks post op & did my first upper body weights session on Thursday. I did bicep curls, tricep pulldowns, dips, lat pulldowns, machine rows, overhead press & lateral raises. I just increased the weight a little on each set to work out my limits. As soon as I got to a weight that felt any sort of pulling or pain I decreased the weight. So now I have my baseline to start building from again.

Thanks kts79, that is encouraging to know, I am going crazy not being able to lift at the moment and was thinking about heading back to the gym Monday to do leg sessions only and light cardio, so now knowing what you've been able to do I feel a little more confident now with doing so.

I've been walking since about day 5 of surgery and have just double bra'd to hold the girls close and tight I have also been doing just body squats using my core to stabilise and have felt no pressure.

I think the key is listening to your body and knowing when you have overdone something and immediately rest up.

Did you get unders or overs kts79?? I have unders and at present my pecs are having a hard time relaxing and stretching still very tight and swollen at top

Edited by Kazza
Added another paragraph

I started doing. 5km walks since day 2 post op and then started back on my beloved elliptical yesterday! No arm movement, just legs , and kept my heart rate under 120 (it's normally over 170 at my normal intensity) I'll jump back on it again today yay !

Just be careful ladies my friend is on her third set of implants in a 12 month period all due to the fact she couldn't stay away from the gym... Dr F has said he won't touch her anymore as the amount of scar tissue build up is not great! He even sewed the second set to her pectoral muscles... The first set slid straight off to under her arm pits... Stick to your docs advise.. She has spent a **** load of unnecessary money on what she could of avoided. I loveeee the gym too but my arse will have to cope with super clean eating and walking! :)

Maynegirl I am loving reading how great your recovery is going. I hope I am similar, and back exercising that soon! Congrats on your new boobs, pics look amazing! Just booked my BA this morning for dec 9, woohoo!

Just be careful ladies my friend is on her third set of implants in a 12 month period all due to the fact she couldn't stay away from the gym... Dr F has said he won't touch her anymore as the amount of scar tissue build up is not great! He even sewed the second set to her pectoral muscles... The first set slid straight off to under her arm pits... Stick to your docs advise.. She has spent a **** load of unnecessary money on what she could of avoided. I loveeee the gym too but my arse will have to cope with super clean eating and walking! :)

Wow third set what was she doing? I'm just over 8 wks post op and finally got the courage to run on the tready. I had BA and BL and I am soooo worried about my boobs going saggy from running.