Sign in to follow this  
D..E? licious

Freaking out about cost and going through with it!

So my surgery would cost around 15k.

Having the money in the bank I can't stop thinking about it and how it could pay off our car load, or be a deposit for a property.

DH says 100% it should be for my boobs, but I can't stop feeling horrible thinking about how it is kind of really selfish of me.

Did anyone go through these thoughts?? I've even delayed sending off my info to the hospital and my deposit for the hospital stay as I am so worried that I am doing the wrong thing and don't want to get to a point where I can't back out.

yes I was also like this being a family with a mortgage and my husband is a boilermaker in queensland so one of the worst jobs in the heat, but he kept reassuring me I deserved it, I have breast fed two amazing children and he said I deserved to do something for myself, it is only money and if it is what you really want then go for it.

I think a lot of us go through a simular thing. I know I was exactly the same. Three kids and all the normal life expenses, the money could go towards so many things. But the same as libby, my family all agreed that it was time to do something just because it will make me happy. Women are too good at the guilt thing I think.

Oh yes I am in the middle of separating from my ex and have just gotten my own loan for the house , so adding 12k to the loan for boobs seemed ridiculous but once I had the surgery and sitting here now looking at my new boobs I don't regret it one bit :)

I'm a single mother and am paying for this myself. It's very empowering to know I can do this but also very scary as a part of my still wants that money in the bank "just in case" we need it. I felt very guilty at first. After having the surgery I don't regret it at all. I put a lot on hold for 20 years while married, now it's time for me.

I have struggled with the whole cost and selfish thing for 14 years. Lol. I booked it in 5 years ago and then cancelled soon after because I thought I was wasting money. I now have a very supportive partner who is happy for me to go ahead with it as he can see how much it means to me. He tells me I AM worth it. I love him and I'm sure he'll love our new boobs.

If its something u want to do and something u will always want. Do it. So what happens if u wait till ur mortgage is paid off in 20years? All u will be telling yourself is "wow I should have done it when I was young". Make the most of it. I struggled with the same issue for years but decided that I deserve it. You r very lucky to have such a supportive husband. My one has done everything/bought anything he has ever wanted. Me? never. And when I finally found something I really wanted to get for myself "oh no we should really start saving for a house" And this is even though it will be 100% my money from my full time job. He is a very selfish mutha. -end rant- You r luckily making a joint decision on this unlike some of us

Yes i know this feeling very well! Though im only young (21) ive been wanting this for years as i seemed to be the only one of my friends during school who just never grew boobs. The only time i had them was when i was pregnant.. My husband supports me 100% in getting them done as i never spend amounts of money like this on myself... EVER but im happy for him to spend it or to spend it on the kids.

Money is just money.. At the end of our life, we die.. Plain and simple, the amount of money we have saved in our banks, or how fast we paid off our loans means NOTHING. The bills are there, they are being paid... spoil yourself! its your life you only have one chance to live it, and one body to live it in.. don't let money control your life to much.. its there to be enjoyed aswell! If you can then do it. xx

Very wise words domestic kitten! I agree 100%. When it's something we've wanted for years to help with our esteem, appearance and something that will help with that for a lifetime it's worth it, even though right now here in the present time it seems ridiculous or you can't fathom blowing that much money on it etc. In the scheme of things it won't make a huge difference money wise, but will enhance your life for a lifetime in whatever way you need it to.

For me, having lived 30 years with small, going saggy boobs dampened my esteem terribly. I wore super padded push up bras, re stitched the straps on the bras so they were ultra tight and pulled my boobs up to fake a busty appearance and always had a sore neck and back. I just always wanted to appear like I had decent boobs. This operation has given me such an esteem boost, made me deliriously happy and I feel amazed having big boobs, having people notice and say wow they look great and finally buying my first ever bikini set! I'm so happy :)

You know I too feel guilty but me and my hubby have discussed this and he says do it.

If you think about how much money you probably spend on a car which will only last you a few years, or think about spending it on bills that will ultimately just come back again.

Over the years I have received about $65,000 in inheritance money and sunk it into mortgages or bills. This last $10000 i got when my dad passed away and I decided it was for me. The money we spent on bills just got used up again and the bill are back.

However if you think about spending money on your body that has to last till you die, (thats at least 30 years for me) I think the body is a better return for your money. Dont allow guilt to rob you of things that are really important, life is too short to live with regret.