Sign in to follow this  
chem

Implant placement considering your lifestyle

I have been suggested overs/subfascial placement as I am fairly active but also because of my job as a myotherapist and pilates instructor. Being so active and as a Myo my pecs are always in the shortened position, my surgeon recommended overs as I have the eligibility for it (enough tissue and fat to cover implant) and because of my lifestyle. He said the constant shortening of my pec muscles due to my work may show a distorted implant as the pec muscles are always in a shortened position.

Are there any other myos, physios, osteos etc or PT's or very active people that have had BA and had either overs or unders and can you tell me if you are happy with your implant placement or if you wish you went with the alternative.

The surgeon said that subfascial placement still helps hold the implant in place and also reduces risk of CC, bottoming out and rippling without affecting my pec muscles, and is the most suitable implant placement for my lifestyle.

Any opinion, experience or recommendation would be greatly appreciated

Not that it's me personally, but my friend who is a gym instructor, does yoga and competes in figure competitions, has unders. She has had them for a long time, but wanted to tell me that she hasn't ever had any trouble with them being under the muscle except a longer recovery.

Interesting thread, I'm also quite active and do weights, my surgeon is still doing Unders for me (what I was hoping for) I read so much about the overs/Unders decision in regards to exercise/weights etc. I was also really happy to hear that two girls I know who compete in Body building comps & fitness model comps (who definately lift weights) have Unders with no complications or distortion. Good luck :)

I personally love subfacial placement, it still has some support by the fascia which is thinner then the pec muscle but it's better then just skin IMO. Nothing looks worse then a fit girl with distorted boobs because she went unders and is a gym junkie (think Madaline from big brother). Subfacial will allow you to have your active lifestyle yet keep your nice breast shape. I wouldn't be concerned about this placement at all I want subfacial placement next.

Thanks donatella, your comment is very reassuring. Yes madaline from bb's boobs had a funny look about them, that must have been it! Very excited for my BA but also sickeningly nervous! Look forward to sharing my results with you all

Hi! I am having my BA in 6 days, am going to be requesting subfacsial as I am a massage therapist (mostly), PT and CrossFit coach. (I am getting them done in Thailand so won't have the consult until the day of) For me and the research I did, this seems like the most beneficial for me and my lifestyle. Happy to FR and let you know of the process! Will be blogging it the whole way!

Glad I found this thread! :)

Happy to read you are getting subfascial hanniimac! I agree it is best placement for my lifestyle too. When is your BA date? I look forward to seeing your results. I am December 9, you can follow my journey too

It is over the muscle. I'm not sure if it's the only form of over the muscle or if it's different to subglandular. Fascia is a type of connective tissue that covers all muscle (imagine glad wrap surrounding muscle, that is the consistency of fascia), so with subfascial placement the fascia is lifted from the muscle and the implants are placed between the fascia and muscle. So this is still termed over as it is above the muscle but the sturdiness of the fascia helps give the implant support without having to go under the muscle (although I'm sure not as sturdy as under the muscle but a good compromise re support for those having overs).

Hi I am also a fitness instructor. I had my first BA consult today with Dr Jeremy Hunt. He also said for me to go over the muscle due to muscle/implant distortion when doing weights and push ups. I wasn't expecting that so I was pleased cause I think the recovery will be less painful. He is a really nice Dr who is very easy to talk too. Would highly recommend him.

Hey! I am 15 hours post op. My doc said I had enough tisue to go over! Woo! 375cc subfascial textured round fold incision. Feeling great. Bit painful but can already tell the recovery wont be too bad. So excited to see the twins in all their glory! :)