Sign in to follow this  
Kristen110

HELP Crease Incision Scar - advice!?!?

I just looked at my ticker and im 8 months post op!! WOW... Anyways my scars are not diminishing like I had hoped. Early on I was religiously applying silicone gel daily and they were looking good... I brought some silicone sheets and was elastopast-ering them to the scars for 1 week but lately ive eased off and noticed the scars are feeling hard and raised... I googled raised scar and am wondering is this hypertropic scaring? If so... Has anyone had this and what did they do to make it better... should I continue with the silicone sheets...? I didn't really see much change, in fact I feel like since I was using them the raised redness has worsened? Cant see my surgeon... hes in Thailand. Any advice would be great I've attached a pic hopefully its clear enough.

post-7174-14043735358_thumb.jpg

I had mine done in late April and my scars are still reddish purple. I thought they would be barely visible by now, but both my surgeon and the doctor I went to for laser on something else said you need to give the scars at least a year and they will fade, so I guess it is just being patient!

Yea they are definatley not normal scars. You will need treatment to remove colour and reduce height of them. I think people have more success with steroid injections than laser in your situation. I'd definatley be looking into something soon

I think these are keloid scars. You can get steroid injections to help heal them, seeing as your ps is overseas go and have a chat with your local gp, there's nothing your ps can do from over there.