Sign in to follow this  
deedee90

Is it ok to wear ahh bra/coobie type bra after ba?

Hi ladies,

I am 2 weeks and a couple of days post op. Is it okay to wear those soft/wirefree ahh bra type of bra's after ba? At my 1 week post op the nurse said that these aren't that supportive, but my breasts have been so extremely hypersensitive that it hurts to wear anything else. I bought two from kmart today and they are so comfortable and soft against my boobs! My post op anna bra was good but now it is getting tight to the point that it leaves indents of the wrinkles in the fabric on my breasts =[ In terms of support, I thought maybe I'll wear my anna bra over the kmart one during the day and the kmart one at night.

Is this okay? Anyone else wearing those type of soft bras after ba? Thanks in advance for any help ladies!

Is it along your incisions that it hurts? I just put some gauze along the incision to help pad it a little so it wasn't sitting right along the scar... But mine also got too tight and I bought a complete comfort bra from bras and things at about 4 weeks post op - which was super supportive and comfy, with removable wires so I could wear it after 6 weeks too... Until I grew out of it lol- give the ah bra underneath a go and see how that works, but of course, follow surgeons advice.

I sleep in either those ah bras or a sports crop now, not overly supportive, but better than nothing (I can't stand sleeping in a bra- so uncomfortable!)

Oooh I might have to check out the bra you got as well. It's not my incision, it's my whole breast =[ the skin is super sensitive, it hurts to even rub bio-oil on it or touch it. But the kmart bra is very soft against my skin, whereas the anna bra is starting to feel very raspy and prickly haha damn boobie problems!

I have found my skin is now overly sensitive. I wore a lacy bra yesterday and couldn't wait to get it off. I still find the ah bra types they best as they are soft. When they are new they have plenty of support, once they strectch and start getting abit old not so supportive. I was told to sleep in one every night. I feel weird without it.

I too can't wear the Nanna post op bra as my boobs/nipples are super sensitive at present and wondered if I was doing the wrong thing and hindering outcome however when at work and out and about I wear the kmart soft bra and the kmart crop/spots bra over the top for extra support, I find these hold the girls quite nicely then when I am home I take the top one off etc

I have my 1 month check up soon so will ask my surgeon then :)

Oooh I might have to check out the bra you got as well. It's not my incision, it's my whole breast =[ the skin is super sensitive, it hurts to even rub bio-oil on it or touch it. But the kmart bra is very soft against my skin, whereas the anna bra is starting to feel very raspy and prickly haha damn boobie problems!

I had the same thing - check out my post on itchy tits - it felt like my boobs were on fire from the post op bra - I lost the plot and my surgeon gave me the all clear at 4 weeks to wear anything - you might want to just air your boobs out for awhile babe - what does your surgeon say? Does he/she still want you in a support bra?