Sign in to follow this  
thefineline

Intel on breast lifts with augmentation for young patients

Hi everyone :)

I am new here but am definitely looking forward to getting to know you all here.

Anyway, I am a 23 year old slim woman who would like an upgrade from 10B to DD. When I filled out an online consultation with Dr Tavakoli in Sydney (who seems to be a bit of a legend over there) he quoted me for a breast reduction with implants because I have slight tuberous breasts. This would set me back about $18,000.

I would get a second opinion. Airfares, accommodation for 2 weeks, food, etc would end up making my trip even more expensive again, and I still need to have money saved up to compensate for the time I will need off work (as a dancer).

I saw Dr George Mayson when he was in Melbourne and after doing all the measurements he said that I would definitely need a breast lift with an augmentation. Otherwise, i would certainly get "double bubble" with augmentation alone. He was very nice, but recommended that I wait until after I have kids to have this done, as there is considerable scarring.

I left feeling quite sad, as I don't want to wait 6-7 years + to have them done. I am happy to get a lift and put up with scarring just to have the desired size and shape, and so I can fill a bikini top!

I am having a consult with Dr Hamish Farrow late January. My hopes are high with him as he specializes in constructive plastic surgery.

Does anyone have any intel on him, especially in relation to breast lifts in young patients? I hear that he is excellent at augmentation, but am wondering if anyone has had any problems that he has been able to correct for them, problems that a simple augmentation will not correct.

Hello and welcome!

i had my BA with Dr Tavakoli three weeks ago, and he was amazing. I did not have tuberous breasts so mine was a very straight forward procedure, but I did my research, put my faith in him and have been incredibly happy with my results. He is very talented.

Lots of ladies on this forum have fantastic experience and advice on other surgeons, I can speak from experience when I say you will get lots of great info and help here.

Edited by Lokilady
Stupid auto correct!

My boobs were done by hamish and he's just fantastic !!! Not only super good at what he does but friendly, warm and funny too. You just feel comfortable with him and can tell he's great. I felt totally confident and came out with boobs I'm so so happy with. He's also one to listen if you have concerns and will endeavour to do what it takes to get you the final result you want

I am having a lift and implants with Dr Dona in Sydney. I am 24 and a 12B, no kids but have saggy breasts due to yo-yo diets and unstable weight. Dr Dona asked when I was having children, but when I told him no plans in the near distant future he saw no reason not to go ahead. Personally, I don't think the scarring is that bad. I would prefer to have a beautiful fullness and shape.

I can't help on surgeon recommendations but wanted to say I had a lift before my baby and it was the best thing I've ever done. The lift lasted 3 - 4 years then my boobs started changing during pregnancy they started sagging and I need a full anchor or lollipop lift. I don't see what the scars have to do with pregnancy as I was told a breastlift doesn't affect the ability to breastfeed. I say have the lift and ba now but just be aware you may need another lift after kid/s.

And thanks for all the answers so far! It's reassuring that some surgeons won't just turn me away because I am a bit complex :) I seriously left my first appt in tears because even though I think my tubular breasts don't look THAT bad, my first thought was "my boobs are so yuck that even surgery can't help me"! Because it was only after finding many more flaws that I didn't realize were there did I then get measured and told that I couldn't be helped. I really do appreciate him at least telling me that a simple augmentation would give me double bubble.

I am thinking of 350cc to get from a B toa DD?

Hi everyone :)

I am new here but am definitely looking forward to getting to know you all here.

Anyway, I am a 23 year old slim woman who would like an upgrade from 10B to DD. When I filled out an online consultation with Dr Tavakoli in Sydney (who seems to be a bit of a legend over there) he quoted me for a breast reduction with implants because I have slight tuberous breasts. This would set me back about $18,000.

I would get a second opinion. Airfares, accommodation for 2 weeks, food, etc would end up making my trip even more expensive again, and I still need to have money saved up to compensate for the time I will need off work (as a dancer).

I saw Dr George Mayson when he was in Melbourne and after doing all the measurements he said that I would definitely need a breast lift with an augmentation. Otherwise, i would certainly get "double bubble" with augmentation alone. He was very nice, but recommended that I wait until after I have kids to have this done, as there is considerable scarring.

I left feeling quite sad, as I don't want to wait 6-7 years + to have them done. I am happy to get a lift and put up with scarring just to have the desired size and shape, and so I can fill a bikini top!

I am having a consult with Dr Hamish Farrow late January. My hopes are high with him as he specializes in constructive plastic surgery.

Does anyone have any intel on him, especially in relation to breast lifts in young patients? I hear that he is excellent at augmentation, but am wondering if anyone has had any problems that he has been able to correct for them, problems that a simple augmentation will not correct.[/QU}

Hey the fineline :) Have you thought about going to phuket for surgery? i also have to get a lift and implants which I got quoted 17k here!! In phuket im paying just under $7k for the surgery, if you went at a low season time you could probably get flights and accom for about 1000 if u went airasia or something :) just something to think about!