Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Compression strap for boobs? Anyone had?

Hey guys,

Ive noticed on a US forum a lot of girls refer to a 'death strap' they use after the procedure.. just wondering if anyone was made to wear one???

At my week 1 consult the nurse advised me that i might need one but never elaborated further as to why and mentioned that they are not very common???

I will like i've missed out! :)

xo

I had to wear a stabiliser/compression strap for 7 days after surgery. I think all of Dr H's patients wear them, which he provides. Just depends on your surgeon I guess as they all do different things. It was annoying but in the end I didn't want to take it off Incase something happened to my new boobies lol

Yup I am still wearing mine, just over 3 weeks post op. My surgeon favours them to help push the implant down into place. It's a bit of a pain to wear under clothes, but otherwise it's not uncomfortable and I actually feel my muscles tensing when it's off, so I think it's helped.

Heres a pic of mine on, so you know what it looks like.

post-9236-140437353632_thumb.jpg

Hi Raven - I wore mine for 3 weeks to stop them from riding up. This is quite common for girls who get textured implants apparently. Was more annoying for me - it doesnt have to be worn too tight so its not too uncomfortable thank goodness. I was allowed to have breaks and take it off too if it was really annoying me :) Im very glad I had the strap - they dropped very quickly :) Hope this helps! x

I have to wear the strap 24/7 (except showering) for wait for it...6 WEEKS!!! I think this goes above and beyond what is normally recommended but I had mildly tuberous breasts and had to have my crease lowered on the left side so I can see why my surgeon might really want them pushed down to create more fullness in the lower pole. I'm worried they might get too low though! I have my first post-op in 4 days time so I suppose at that point the surgeon will see how everything is going and maybe change this crazy regime. It's nowhere near as uncomfortable as it was in the first few days but more just annoying now as I have to hide it in clothes and/or explain it to people