Sign in to follow this  
Cjssfitz

Any regrets??? Curious fitness instructor!

Hi ladies, I am new to this site and just wanted to know from the ladies that have had their BA's done did you have any regrets. I have a consultation next week with Dr Jeremy Hunt and one in Feb with Dr Val @ TCI. Very anxious and nervous about the recovery, pain etc. I am a fitness instructor so I know I will be taking 6 to 8 weeks off teaching. I teach RPM, Bodypump and CX. So I know it may take awhile to get my lifting strength back again. Any other instructors out there thinking about getting BA done or have already had it done?? Curious!!

Edited by Cjssfitz

Maynegirl was this your first BA? Do you still feel really tight? Yeah it's hard to know how my body will react and how long recovery will be. I'm getting anxious about it and haven't even had my consult yet. Lol.

I workout about 5/6 days a week. Pre op it was mostly body weight and cardio but I did do circuit once a week. I'm pretty sure I was back into the swing of things by about 5/6 weeks post op but it took me ages to be able to do full push ups again. I also get a bit of a pulling feeling so am limited in what I feel comfortable lifting, I can only do 1 full pull up then on my second one it hurts but I can do assisted pull ups no worries. I think you'll probably be ok to teach RPM by 4/5 weeks and with pump the same but lighten your weights. I couldn't bench press for ages (still haven't tried again).

Listen to your boobs is what my dr said and he was right. He gives a schedule of when you can return to what exercise and I was about a week behind what he recommended. He also did say to me though that my body will want me to exercise because it will be craving the endorphins it is used to and I need to ignore it and follow his schedule, he was right I wanted to go a bit harder but my boobs wouldn't allow it. Plus I wanted to follow his instructions to the T so that later down the track if I had complications it wouldn't be from my negligence

As as for pain I was on only panadol and nurofen, no hard pain killers for me.

I have no regrets what so ever and to be honest I'm in much better shape now.

I got into walking day 2 post on onwards, back on my elliptical trainer day 5 onwards without arm movement and just tried to run again yesterday, over 3 weeks post op. I jogged 5 km and had a slight sore right boob after so will still be cautious running