Sign in to follow this  
taniya7130

MY boobs are KILLING me today!

8 weeks Post Op today! (Actually I was coming out of theater about NOW 8 weeks ago :o)

Hi All, It's hard to exactly pin point something cuz I have a couple of things happening with my body at the moment. 1 being a horrid cough I have at the moment, a right wheezing bark. The other is even harder to pin point because I had the Medina (?) inserted about 6 months ago. Up until now I have been getting regular periods but this time it's been very kind of hit & miss each time I go to the toilet. I haven't worn a tampon since having it fitted because I wanted to keep an eye on the "flow". So I'm wondering if these sore ass boobies are having the usual period reaction? Have any of you still experienced painful boobies at that time of the month after your BA? I don't get sore boobies every month, another hit & miss thing with me.

considering your 8 weeks post op,

I would think it could be a combination of hormones and coughing. If this form of birth control is making you hormones go crazy it could set off aches and pains in your breasts. It could be a once off thing. But i think its probably more of a hormone thing than a breast implant thing :)

They could be super sensitive and makes it worse, im not sure. but yeah not an implant thing i don't think.

The Mirena I think you mean. The tiny amount of hormone is released locally into your uterus and only a tiny amount absorbed by the blood stream. It's definitely normal to still feel achy boobs at that time of month though as that had to do with your own hormones.

Thanks ladies for your input. I didn't think it was a post op thing & had put it more down to a hormonal thing, just wanted to know that others still experienced this after their ops. I had a lift as well & had quite a bit of breast tissue removed as well, so wasn't sure that I would still get painful hormonal boobs post BA. & yes Don, Mirena was what I meant, I always get it confused. Today they are feeling a tat less tender thank goodness :o