jodstar

Experiences with Dr Alister Turner (wa) for a BA please?

Hi Ladies,

Would love to hear all your experiences with Dr Alister Turner from WA before making a time for a consult with him.

I have read that he only does over the muscle procedures which i have had one other consult which said i can do this.

Love Bridgie

Another fan of Dr Turner. From the moment I met him, I trusted him. He is very experienced and he really listened to what I was trying to achieve, so sizing me up became a very simple process of elimination really.

He has a lovely unassuming manner, and I found that in contrast to a lot of others PS's who seemed to think they knew what I wanted more than I did (one actually said 'oh yeah they all say they don't want to be too big, but deep down they do"!!)

My entire experience was positive, from the information his assistant was happy to provide over several phone calls, to the choice of anaesthetist, the hospital staff he works with, and his approach on the day. It felt so efficient and organised that there was no room for nerves or anxiety. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Edited by beemee

Hi there

I have just had my BA with Dr Turner 3 days ago! I am still very sore and have all my dressings on so won't be able to see my new boobs until Monday !!!

I chose Dr Turner as I have 2 friends that have been to him and their boobs look absolutely amazing! I also did a lot of research into the type of implants and how the procedure is performed. Dr Turner uses only Anatomical Silicone implants and not round ones because they give a faker look and are more prone to sag over time or separate to the sides. I did originally want rounds but Dr Turner explained all the differences and benefits of Anatomicals hence why I got them.

Dr turner is a lovely man who is easy to talk to. Some people may think he doesn't seem thorough but I think that is just because he has been doing this for such a long time that he just knows it like the back of his hand! He has a light sence of humor which I think is good as this made is easier to talk to

Him.

He saw me right before I went into theatre with a big smile on his face. He came and saw me as soon as I woke up in my room and then again the following day before I went home. I would recommend anyone at least have a consult with him if you are thinking of having a BA. he was the only one I saw nd I new he was the surgeon for me! I will keep you posted on how my boo bs look on Monday. Please ask as many questions as you want too!

Cheers, Robyn

Hey!

Glad to hear you have chosen dr turner! Have you chosen your size yet??

I have no pain anymore, only sore and funny feeling when I move in certain places. When I first saw my new boobs I was shocked. They looked so stretched and 'stuck on' but they have settled a but now and are falling into place; it will take a few months for them to look fully as they should :) I am now wearing a 12DD bra! They look fantastic in bras ! I was a 12B before surgery!

I just can't wait for them to settle and fluff.

Good luck with your op :) you'll be fine!

Hiya Robyn sorry I didn't reply I must have missed your post :( I am getting a bit nervous now but am excited too! I'm glad your experience was good! Gives me confidence I've picked the right guy!

Thanks again! Hope you enjoy your new boobies!

Hi I first had my breast done 32 years ago by Dr Turner with no problems, have recently had them done again because one was leaking. I cannot say enough about this wonderful man my implants lasted 32 years, this speaks for it self would you have expected them to last this long.

So it's almost a year since I last posted to this thread, and I just wanted to drop back and ask how everyone was doing?

Mine look great, no doubt about it. 11 months on the scar tissue twinges occassionally and it can hurt if my son lands on my chest, but they look incredible.

I guess my only regret is how firm the anatomicals are. I know about the choices for safety, and I know why Dr Turner uses them, but I expected them to be MUCH softer than this. I feel a little self conscious hugging people because they are so obviously hard, (well, slightly squishy but certainly nothing near real) and there is no way I'll ever sleep on my stomach again! I guess given my time again I'd probably make the same choices, so I can live with it, I just wasn't expecting it!

How is everyone years after surgery? I had my BA done in 2008 and I can't recall if Dr Turner said 10 yrs or 25 yrs replacement. All Internet searches are at the 10 yr mark but I remember him saying 25 yrs.. Thoughts? 

Hi, 

im hoping someone can help me, Dr Alister Turner did my BA about 10yrs ago and I found out today that they both have ruptured. Was just wondering if anyone can remember the brand of silicon implants he used. I think I remember him saying they had a lifetime warranty.