Sign in to follow this  
elizanaomi

My lipo experience, finally

So arrived at The Cosmetic Institute at 2 30, had to hang around for about an hour before I got to see anyone as Dr Ali was sick the previous day so was very busy today.Went and got dressed into my sexy paper g-string and gown and waited for Dr Ali to come do my consult.Got my partner to come in and listen as well in case he had any questions or concerns about the surgery. She was very kind and*patient, and addressed all my concerns especially complications.I went in wanting to have inner, outer thighs, upper, lower abdomen, hips and inner knees. She told me that I did not have enough fat on my abdomen to warrant liposuction given that complications could arise. And that my hip bones protrude quite a lot meaning that I just have very naturally wide hips and unfortunately that's just my bone shape! We decided that sticking with inner and outer thighs would give me the best resulsts with the least amount of complications, especially saggy skin and dents. i did feel slightly disappointed because I guess I went in with expectations of what I thought needed doing and that was different to the surgeons opinion. I did feel very comfortable with Dr Ali though and did trust her judgement and honesty. So after that had a lady come in and take my blood pressure, said it was at an incredibly normal and I must not be nervous at all. I was! After that the anesthesiologist came in and put the drip in my hand and told me about any complications that could arise under sedation. After that headed on into the surgery room! Laid down on the bed and had circulation pads wrapped around my calves and a heat blanket and a woollen blanket over me to keep cosy. A few seconds later the anesthesia was put in through my drip, it was only twilight sedation, but I literally remember nothing after 1min. I woke up in a chair in recovery, fully clothed and in my compression garment with my partner next to me. I had literally no recollection of the surgery (thankfully) apparently I had already come around 20 minutes before trying to feed my chin crackers and putting a straw on my face. Luckily my partner was there to help me out! He said I asked him about 4 times what he got up to while I was under, and a few more times at the hotel haha.Tried to walk around for a bit with the help of the nurse but was very dizzy so we waited a bit longer and headed off to the taxi after about 10 minutes. I don't remember the taxi ride or getting up to the hotel room at all. Curled up and slept for a while, had some dinner and felt pretty good. Just quite achy, nothing unbearable though really. At 10pm as instructed took some painkillers and antibiotics. I was prescribed 2 pain killers, one a bit stronger just in case the other wasnt helping. After that decided to have a bit of a look and change some dressings, the back of my left thigh was leaking like crazy! A lot more than i expected. And once the compression garment was off they ALL started leaking horribly, it looked like a crime scene. I had my partner run out earlier though and get some pads to put over the areas for through the night. The compression garment is very comfortable, zips on both side and clasps, and an open crotch thank god! I did not realise the benefit that until after I took the garment off and struggled back into it and then needed to pee immediately!Took some pictures as well, and I'm feeling really happy about my results so far. Feeling pretty grotty and have some bruising coming up but I'm not feeling too bad!

I haven't been feeling too bad today thankfully! Pain killers make a big difference. All my wounds have pretty much stopped leaking except for one that is very grossly still gushing haha.

I hope you're feeling pretty good at 3 weeks :) do you have any tips for showering for the first time? I'm allowed to tonight and want it to be as little of an ordeal as possible haha

Yay!! And congratulations on UR successful surgery! I replied to UR other link about compression garments not realizing U had gone in for surgery today. Sounds like UR garment is same as mine and I know what u mean, it's not till u get out of it that u realise how wonderful the hooks and zips are to get back in! Put UR feet up relax & heal.

Sorry Elizanzomi,

Just saw this. How did your shower go? its a bit weird. i sat down to take my garment off as i had heard about the blood rush. i took everything really slowly. i didn't bother about really trying to get the markings etc off, i just let them come off over time. but it felt so good to shower!