Sign in to follow this  
courtneyh93

Ba is booked and i am freaking out!

After hating my boobs for so long i have finally decided to do something about it and have booked in for a BA.

I am booked in with Dr Piyapas at the bangkok Hospital in Phuket.

It is all starting to over whelm me and im starting to think what if.. and what can go wrong?? does any body have any advice for me??

Hey courtney, yay for boobs! Stick to this forum and stay away from all the bad stories out there and you'll be good. I was looking up all these bad stories online and started to freak myself out but this forum has helped alot. You will meet a lot of cool chicks on here that will answer any questions you have. Good luck.

Congrats on booking ur BA Courtney!! I was stressed like you, but really there is no need to worry about it, it's a very simple, straightforward procedure, and the surgeons have done hundreds of BA's!! I've heard all good things about Dr P and you will be in good hands! Are you traveling over through a makeover company? Or just by yourself? Nothing will go wrong babe, there are HEAPS of girls on this forum who have had Thailand surgery and everyone is here for you for support along your journey! Woo hoo for some new boobs! X

I have booked through resorted beauty get aways but it is just me and my partner going together my mum was suppose to come but she is no longer coming and now that she is not i am scared haha.

are there many complications that could go wrong?

Restored Beauty is a well known and highly regarded company so I'm sure you will be well looked after. Complications following surgery are not very common, as surgeons are trained to minimize risks and complications. Sometimes implants can get Capsular Contracture which is when the boob gets hard /sometimes sore as the pocket surrounding the implants contracts, they don't really know what causes this but it's really nothing that you shod be worrying about now. I can easily be fixed, usually at minimal costs (depending on surgeon). A question you might like to ask ur surgeon is if he's willing to fix anything Post Op if something is not right. ie: my surgeon has sort of given me a guarantee that if boobs don't look right/even/even nipples etc, then he is willing to fix anything free of charge as a follow up. That's great for piece of mind before surgery. I know being an overseas patient makes this a little more difficult, but keep in mind you will be paying only about half the price over there as what you would be paying locally. Perhaps you could inform your GP of your upcoming surgery and he/she will then be aware IF any Post Op issues arise. :)

I think everyone gets nervous once they book.

I was reading articles on things that can go wrong once I booked as well..

I think it is important to be aware of things that can go wrong but that does not mean they will happen and joining a forum like this is really good in hearing other peoples experiences/stories and also for support.

I think it's good to remember that with any type of surgery there are things that can go wrong but as mayhem said it is simple and straightforward

Maybe do some research on your surgeon and find out what his infection and complication rate is, that may also help you feel less nervous about the procedure

Definitely stay away from people who are anti-implants who have no reason to be..

I have moved passed wondering what can go wrong, I think with help of research and forums :) and now I just can't wait to get them done!

Whens your surgery booked for?

I would suggest sending your surgeon a direct email to ask him how many BA's has he performed, what is his complication rate and what will he endeavor to do or how does he handle patient complications if they arise. :)

You should be able to pick up alot just from the kind of response you receive. It should be informative and professional with the feeling that patient care is of high importance to him. :)