Sign in to follow this  
NZsarah

Is there a certain weight or BMI that you need to be under for surgery?? CURIOUS!

To be safe for surgery is there a certain weight to height that you need to be under/over to be considered for surgery??? :confused:

I know i need to loose some weight but no idea what i need to be at....

I am 5' 3" tall if that helps :(

I'm too embarrassed to post my weight but will say my BMI is 33 which puts me as obese. My ps won't do surgery until I'm within 5kgs of my goal weight as he explained losing more than 5kgs can cause sagging especially in those like me who are already prone to it. I sagged once after a weight loss of 20kgs I had a lift but sagged again due to pregnancy. So far I have lost 15.9kgs and I plan on losing another 32.6kgs. I will try to be at my exact goal weight for surgery but if I'm not quite there I may be a couple of kilos off. If you don't want to post your weight you don't have to but how much do you want to lose? I'm 5'3 and the BMI calculator says I should be between 48 - 65kgs.

NZsarah I went into my surgery at 156cm tall & way over weight at about 76kg. Going by the BMI crap I "should" be about 45kg. I'm 42 years old & have had 3 kids in the past 21 years. I was 45kg 21 years ago before I had my 1st child but I don't predict I will ever be that weight again, actually I don't even want to be, I would look anna & sick. I would like to get down to 60kg & that is doable I think after I have recovered some more. I am about 11 weeks post op TT, BL/BA, & arm lipo. I have given walking a go to try to lose a few kg but I swell like nothing else & it causes me quite a bit of pain & discomfort, so I will be growing some patience & just waiting a bit longer to start exercising.

My weight wasn't even discussed at any of my consults, so I wouldn't worry babe.

Ok... That's weird... I just did my BMI calculation

156cm height

76kg weight

My BMI is 28

suggested weight between 53kg - 72kg

I am "normal" :confused: (don't get that often... lol)

Then I recalculate

156cm height

76kg weight

My BMI is still 28

suggested weight between 45kg - 61kg

I am overweight

WTF???? Can I "choose" 1? is this multiable choice?

It probably depends on where you store it too... Do you gain or lose it from your boobs, or from your butt/tummy/thighs? Are your boobs are effected by weight changes? Do you think, honestly, that you'll ever lose the extra weight you're carrying? If the answer is no then go for it! But know that if you get your boobs fabulousised and you lose20kg afterwards you're likely to see changes in your boobs too.

Ok well im around 70kg which is crazy smallest I have been 48kg :-( I dont carry my weight in my upper body or abdomen its mainly my bum and thighs. I was 73kgs before I got down to 48 and wasnt left with saggy skin at all neither with boobs as there isnt any to sag haha. This time round for weight loss I have been doing mainly weights to build some lean muscle and get rid of the fat

70kgs isn't very overweight for your height. What weight are you hoping to get down to? One other thing to consider is you will choose implants to compliment your body shape/size and then once you lose weight they will look even bigger on you. This can be a good thing though depending on what look you like.

Honestly the whole weight bmi thing is a bit unreliable, "muscle" weights more than fat so if you're worried about the scales don't be, try and work out a bit more to burn some "fat" but build your muscle. I do a really good workout at home in my lounge room, it's called the butt bible you can find the video on YouTube :) free..

Combining that with healthy eating options for instance replacing bread for rice cakes, processed foods for fruit and veg- and eating alot of eggs/salad/fish/turkey/meat and when I think I think im hungry i drink a glass of water first which actually retrains the brain to understand "thirst" as opposed to "hunger" then if I'm still hungry inbetween meals I have a handful nuts and a piece of fruit. Or a coffee which speeds the metabolism :)

i used to be 60kgs and fluctuated alot! Now I'm a steady 51kgs. But I wouldn't care if the scales still said 60kgs because I am living a healthy life. I have a "naughty" day on the weekends where I might eat a bit of chocolate.

Try not to focus on the "weight" find a pair of jeans that are tight and use them to monitor your progress when they're loose you'll know you're losing cm's, even though the scales may say you're no different.

My friend is as tiny/short as me and she weights 56kgs, wanna know why? Becoz she's got muscly as legs, and the most toned butt I've ever seen lol. You're not that overweight For you're height hun, and those calculators are only a guideline :) everyone's body is different if you feel "unhealthy" then just change a few lifestyle habits. xx

Nzsarah im the same hight as you, I weigh 60 and ne er heard anything from my surgeon about what weight to be.

BMI is a load of bullshit. It takes zero account of age, gender, or level of physical fitness. I should be 52kg according to it but there such a thing as skinny fat. So I could weight that and still be more fat than muscle. Id rather weight more and not loose lean muscle for fat in order to meet some 1960s american insurance broker ideal life insurance client