Sign in to follow this  
MissSmith

dermatitis treatment for hands

hello helpful hunnys

im just posting a thread to see if anyone else on here suffers from dermatitis on their hands?

its very dry, itchy and red and is embarrassing as i am a receptionist and having to put cream on my hands all day is a bit of a pain.

wondering if anyone has any ideas to get rid of this hell :(

I suffer it too. It really does suck.

It took me a little while but I discovered my triggers are bathroom hand wash soap and latex. If I wear latex, it flares up nearly immediately.

I have found Aveeno to be fabulous at keeping it at bay. Its an intense moisturizer so keeps a barrier on yourhand for longer and you can put it on as often as you like. Its not greasy so you'll be able to use it at work but give it a few mins to be absorbed.

My friend recommends a product called dermaveen i think. You can buy it from the pharmacy. Its medicated so will heal you hands faster.

What do you use now?

Oh thank you so much!

Ill have to give it a go, my mum is the same, she stopped eating dairy products and hers went sway she also has a allergy to latex.

Yeh its hard to find a product that isnt so oily so thats stuff sounds great!!

Thanks again for your help :)

On an unrelated topic - we are very close BA gals haha Im booked in for the 25th Feb with Dr Val!! Its getting closerr :):)

You're most welcome! Its really is a silent torture!

Now that you mention it, I think dairy was a trigger for me too. I stopped eating/drinking it because it made me physically sick but I never considered my hands. I haven't suffered a bad flare up for a while now and have even gone back to wearing latex for short periods of time at work (5 min cleaning jobs). I never actually realisee before ha ha

Aveeno is dear, about $12 a bottle at full price but I love it. I use the daily moisturising lotion. Keep a look out for sales at Coles and Woolies, they sometimes sell it half price. I purchased 6 bottle last time so I'm stocked up for ages lol I also work there so I know a few days before they're coming on sale.

We are close in our BA's! Have you met Dr. Val yet? I don't meet Dr. Lee until late Jan but it'll go fairly quick with christmas and school holidays. Are you excited?