Sign in to follow this  
Zbags

Review - 3 days post op BA with Dr Veerawat at PIAC Phuket International

i am 3 days post op with my BA wit Dr V at PIAC. I went through restored Beauty Getaways (did flights and accom myself) went with my husband and did a lot of research before coming over and before choosing Dr V. I must say I was not disappointed with my choice of surgeon or the hospital.

i had my consultation and Surgery on the same date, the day after I arrived in Phuket, as it was Dr V's last day before he went on holidays (I knew this). Unfortunately I was completed taken off guard when I was told that my chest width would not allow for the size of implant I was hoping for. I had paid for a couple of expensive consultations with Surgeons back at home in Australia to get an idea of what I would be getting but it did not end up that way.

For the last few months I was convinced I would be getting 300cc round HP unders but at the consultation with Dr V he said that the size of my chest would not allow for this implant without double bubble (I am quite petite). Dr V also said I would be a more suitable candidate for placement over the muscle as I already had some adequate breast tissue and by going over i wouldn't lose that 10% going under. Dr V initially wanted me to go with 295cc HP tear drops (as they are narrow implants) however after looking at photos of others it was not the look I wanted. My wish was to maintain good cleavage (without a gap) and have roundness. Keeping this in mind Dr V suggested we go back to a round implant (subfascial) which is over the muscle but under the fascia (a thin layer over the muscle). The maximum cc he could get to fit that he was happy with was the 250cc. After much consideration I agreed to go ahead and was booked in for surgery within the hour. The consultation with Dr V went for sometime, longer than I expected due to the changes, however he was very patient and explained everything to me very clearly. His English is excellent and was very friendly (even made a few jokes here and there).

I had a blood test shortly thereafter (I fainted and the nursing staff took great care of me) and a chest X-ray and got admitted. The nurse who put the needle in for the drip/anaesthetic was very gentle and got it in first go. Great job considering she had difficulty finding a vein. The surgery went smoothly. (I understand an hour and 10 mins) and I woke up from the anaesthetic with no problems and no nausea (unlike in the past when I had my appendix out). I had some difficulty keeping food down after the surgery however I found the pain bearable so stopped taking the pain meds and was able to eat the next morning with no issues. Dr V came and saw me the next morning and I was discharged. A car from the hospital took me to my hotel. All the staff and nurses at the hospital were wonderful and friendly. My room was spacious and very clean. No complaints about this hospital what so ever.

It has now been 3 days and the worst thing so far is a sore throat from the surgery and the night times. My back is sore as I am sleeping upright, I usually sleep on my side, and am wearing a bandeau around (to push them down) which is not the most comfortable so am having pretty bad nights sleep. Dr V gave me two Bandeaus (boob tubes) in black and beige to wear for 4-6 weeks (depending on when they drop). Bought a $60 post surgery bra for nothing. During the day I am walking around with ease and have been able to go to the shops several times. Pain is minimal and better than I expected (this could be because I went over the muscle). Have no bruising and a tiny bit of numbness. Right now the they are still very high and hard.

All in all it has been a great experience so far. Am disappointed that I did not get the cc or placement that I initially was expecting but trust the Dr's advice and excited to see how they end up.

Would like to hear other peoples experience with their surgeries in Thailand and also hear from people are got similar size and placement to me as I can't see much out there.

Hey hun, its good to hear u had such a good experience in thailand! I cant say I had my experience in thailand but I did have the same problem at my consult goin in with an expectation nd being shut down is devastating...

Im 163cm 48kgs with a bwd of 10cm nd lucky to be an a cup I got 300cc hp round after thinking I wuld get atleast a 360cc but I have seen some great results from smaller girls getting 300 or less nd u already have some tissue to add to it so im sure u will love them!! :) I cant wait for mine to drop nd fluff nd fill out some more but im loving having boobs im just over the sleeping upright its killing me lol

Ive sent u a friend request if u dnt mind :)

Hi Zbags so glad you surgery went well! I'm a newbie on here just reading through post about girls going over to thailand for sugery. dr Poomee suggested I get overs aswell but I'm super scared of double bubble as I have tuberous breast (so stressful) ! How are your boobs looking are they natural looking with the implant placed over?

Thanks for sharing your story zbags. My friend recently had replacement implant surgery with Dr V at PIAC and is extremely happy with the outcome. I too need a replacement and weighing up all options to go o/s or stay in Oz. I am wanting to hear of more replacement surgery before I make a commitment. Seems not many posters have had revision done. I'm glad that you highly recommend Dr V as I recently got an online quote from them but not sure if I'm going to 'save' much $$ by going off shore. $7K(aud) for replacement. Need to do more research on here. Many thanks.

Zbags thank you so much for sharing your experience :) I am new on here. I am currently booked in with Destination Beauty for in for June for a BA with lift a Tummy tuck and Lipo on my thighs and butt. I have decided to cancel as I have heard so many bad stories. Your story has helped give me hope that there are good surgeons out there. I was starting to get disheartened. I will research more on your Dr. I will send a friend request when I work out how lol cheers :) xx

Hi Ladies , I have my surgery booked in for June , I am getting a lift / implants.

I Train at the gym every day and want to know how long it takes to get back into routines , also I want to know if anyone gained weight during the recovery?

Thanks babes xx