Sign in to follow this  
pumpkin

How do I use rice sizers?

Hey girls :)

So I feel a little silly posting this (I'm a newbie!), but here we go:

I've read about people using rice sizers (filling up a knee-high or similar with rice) to get a ballpark of the cc they are interested in. I get this, but what do up you insert it into? I don't have any soft cup bras apart from my A cups, but I dop have a crop top and a bra tank. Will this work?

Also, will it help me or will it just be a waste of rice?

Thanks, pumpkin

Hey pumpkin! I tried rice sizers on with my sports bras/crops. It squishes them in and probably doesn't give you the best indication lol! But it gives you a rough idea. I also tried mine on with an old size D breast feeding bra. They look much bigger in that than the crop top!

Thanks Alioop :) my sports bras are padded so that won't do any good! I'll give it a go - but maybe when my other half is not in the house or he'll think I'm bonkers!

I notice your surgery is very soon. Lucky you!! Do you mind if I send you a FR so I can follow your progress?

As I wanted to buy some clothes that would fit post op, and make my transition to a bigger bust unnoticeable to my colleagues, I wore my rice sizers on and off for a month. I bought a non padded sports bra that fit me and the sizers comfortably and wore them that way. :)

Hi Pumpkin J</span></span> I’ve read about rice sizers quite a lot although it doesn’t make much sense to me. I grabbed some freezer bags and filled them with water, carefully weighing them out to the exact millimetres that my surgeon suggested. Well, he suggested 315 or 360 but also ordered 410 and 435 (just in case). I tried on all except for the 435 and was pretty happy with the 410 so fingers crossed at my face to face consult (which is followed immediately by my surgery) that he’ll measure me up and let me have 410mls J</span></span> I already own an “Ah Bra” in small but went and bought two in medium, since I’m going to need them post op anyway. If you have a cheap shop around you, you should be able to pick one up for under $10 (I got mine for $4 each) otherwise I think any non-padded crop top should ok, provided it’s tight enough to hold them in. My freezer bag boobies were fairly droopy due to my Ah Bra not being able to support them lol.</span><br />

Thanks Alioop :) my sports bras are padded so that won't do any good! I'll give it a go - but maybe when my other half is not in the house or he'll think I'm bonkers!

I notice your surgery is very soon. Lucky you!! Do you mind if I send you a FR so I can follow your progress?

I have Lorna Jane ones and I just took the padding out :)

I wore mine around the house and hubby thought I was nuts lol! Kids didn't even notice. Hahaha

Yep, 6 DAYS and counting!! I'm SO excited!!! Absolutely send me a FR! Happy to help others the way all these girls on here have helped me :D

RAARAA I have heard all the girls on here talk about the cheap 2 for $15 Kmart sports crops and how they are great post op. I think I'm going to get some of those for next week! 5 days to go for you! YAY!!!!!!

I did the rice test last night and this morning. Funny I thought about wearing them to work but didn't. I brought a C bra from Target and put the rice sizers into it. I think it really gave me an idea and I put a singlet on to look in the mirror. I also measured and taped up the rice pack to the dimensions of a 280cc. I also have Tubular breast and only want to go to a C. I'm booked in for 26th March.