Sign in to follow this  
Purple dreams

Yesterday I ran 15.5km non stop!

That's an awesome effort! Well done!

I still can't run :( every time I attempt to I get a pins and needles sensation in my breast and they hurt. Even with two sports crop it doesn't make a difference.

That's awesome maynegirl! :) I just checked my nike running app and I did 16.3km in 1hr 42min with a 6'14" pace, so we are very similar. That was a few days before Xmas and the first time I've run more than 10km since having bub in June. You give me hope that I will be able to get back into running once I'm healed...keep up the great work :)

Alioop that is amazing! My ultimate goal would be to run 5min kms (I can do about 1 of those! lol)

hi maynegirl,i run about 5-7 kms a day and that was one of the main things iwas worried about after getting ba,not being able to run,your threads about running are comforting for me,i also do martial arts and teach dance but i think i will have to wait about 3 months for martial arts and hopefully a bit less for dance after ba,thanks for inspiration hun x

Hi girls! You'll def be able to run after surgery ! I just had enough stamina to run a full 5k before my op and was miserable, thinking id lose it being weeks off from my BA. Well after 4-5 wks off I built myself back to 5 km even though it was a real struggle , then went to 7,8, several 10s and then my huge 15.5k yesterday. So I didn't really lose my endurance and I tripled my efforts yesterday!

Reheani , do you get any injuries running daily? I try to have a few days off per week. I had to run today, the day after my 15.5 k as the weather tomorrow onwards for five days is bloody 40 celcius! :( :( so I did a further 7 k today.

guess I'll have to use the cross trainer and treadmill these next few days

Sapphire you are totally at the same running level as me! That's ace. How often do you do such a huge mileage and what sort of distances do you do per week ? My average pace is 5 42 for 10km and under and was 6 14 for the 15.57 km yesterday. :)

Maynegirl I usually run 10.7km along the lake with a friend on Sat mornings. She was away the morning I decided to go a bit further to the bridge (didn't realise it was 16km lol). We did 12km the last 2 times. Other than that I do a 5km run from my house (or boring tready at gym) 1 or 2 times per week...best lately was 2x 5'34" pace around the block. I do a balance class on tue morning. Hoping my new assets will motivate me to get back into more consistent fitness when I've healed. Incidentally, my last outdoor jog around the block last week was 5'42" pace, so we're practically running twins!! I am slower than you for a 10km though ;) Will be interesting to see where I'm at when I start back.

Thanks chick!! Running really is good got both body and mind. I'm only new to it really and it's my therapy!

wow sapphire we are total running twins!! Usually 10k kills me but yesterday I thought hmmmm I'll push for 12k, then at 12k thought hm I feel ok, then ended up 15.6k lol!

yes 15kms is a massive effort!i havent had any injuries from running but im also VERY flexible coz of my dance background and i stretch alot so i def think that helps to prevent injury i also eat totally clean,no processed foods and i also think that helps prevent injury as well :)

Way to go MayneGirl, that's killer! Really encouraging to hear about ladies getting back into it after taking the necessary time to heal post BA. The thought of it can be a bit of a mental hurdle. If you can still train like a boss with your voluptuous new assets, anyone can I'm sure. ^_^ I don't know about you guys, but sometimes a week or two off can give you stamina you didn't think was possible when you return. How's that runners high too? Awesome stuff. :)

I'm back into my running last week too! (6 weeks post), it felt really weird trying to run a few weeks ago so I just left it. I did 3 runs last week and it felt so great to get back into it! Now it's time to start getting those times down. Fitness took a nose dive, but my strength hasn't been too bad. No more strict pull ups though :(

I'm just scared won't be able to do certain exercises no more .. Walking hard core now feels funny , n my flexibility in terms of letting my arms up it still tender .i got 2.5 weeks left before I can left agsin n filly run . I hope I heal more n less tenderness . I'm excited to train agsin n I'm deff missing it , plus I got hio hop class's to teach when school goes back n I'm worried my rebbe of upper body movement will be off ! Lol