Sign in to follow this  
KatvonDj

Body Pump after BA

Hey, my surgeon recommended 6 weeks before getting back in to vigorous exercise.

I had overs so I am not sure if its easier to get back into with these but I am 7 weeks post op now and pretty much doing everything I was doing before my BA but with lighter weights until I feel a bit more confident.

I am pretty sure you will be fine doing lower body now. I was doing squats/lunges and lower body exercises about 4 weeks post op.

If you're not sure, ask your surgeon. :)

My surgeon said six weeks also, and then starting off slowly of course to monitor how it goes. Keep in mind you will most likely be a fair bit weaker than you were before so yeah take it easy until you feel comfortable and safe doing particular things. I think if at five weeks you feel ok then you could probably do something less vigorous than body pump, or like you say just lower body instead.

I had my BA in October and was a big gym junkie, start off light with all the other weights and just ease back in. Mine are under the muscle and do move slightly when doing chest work. Whilst I have been assured I am not damaging them, I just couldn't bare it and so I have now written off chest work altoghter. It is frustrating and can make stuff difficult but I am just not willing to risk it. When doing body pump I just skip chest track.

I had my BA in October and was a big gym junkie, start off light with all the other weights and just ease back in. Mine are under the muscle and do move slightly when doing chest work. Whilst I have been assured I am not damaging them, I just couldn't bare it and so I have now written off chest work altoghter. It is frustrating and can make stuff difficult but I am just not willing to risk it. When doing body pump I just skip chest track.

Sorry haylzybabe but how do you go about skipping the chest track? i dont want to attract attention to myself!

I think I will do the same as you haylzybabe. I'm so nervous about getting back into chest weights eventually. I have dual plane and PS said no heavy chest weights again ever or risk my implants being pushed to the sides. Nothing more strenuous than push ups. I was thinking of just doing chest track without the weights. Sydneygal, that way you still look like you're doing it, but if anyone asks just tell them you have torn chest muscles and need to ease off? I'm just going to tell my instructors at my gym so they don't draw any attention to me in the classes :)

I am in similar spot to you, I too had op in October and did some light chest work at about 6 weeks maybe it was 8 weeks and found I was intensely sore the next day with some additional swelling so I stopped and just continued with lower body, almost 3 months now and did a massive chest session 2 days ago, I can feel them move as well cos I too have unders however the difference a couple of weeks waiting to go back into chest workout really helped as this time I had no swelling afterwards and was sore in the right muscle spots and had no boob pain....personally and from my experience wait till 2 an a half months to do chest ;) I felt awesome and could can see the difference working the muscle can do to Unders, it supports them a lot better and mine sat a littler higher afterwards....

Upper body again tomorrow for me ;)

I just say to the instructor straight up that I won't be participating in chest track and just stretch or do whatever during it. Everyone in the class just presumes I'm injured. Alioop also has a great idea though in just using the bar....