Reneeb

Sore arms and burning ?

Hey guys I'm 36 hours post op.

Is it normal that my sternum hurts so much when I try to get out of bed?

Also my ARMS hurt from my underarm to elbow underneath , I accidentally lifted my arms above my shoulders a few times to do my hair without realising, do you think I'll be okay ?

That sounds quite normal. I was sore and tight on my sternum immediately post op and around day 5 had a large bruise come up on the cleavage area. I just put it down to the way they have to put the implants in. lifting your arms if there is no pain should be ok but try to avoid doing it for a while. Check with your PS if you're not sure as everyone heals differently. I was able to wash my hair from day 3 without any problems but others have been told no lifting of arms for several weeks. Good luck with your recovery :)

I had my BA done last Monday and for the first 2 days my arms were killing me! But then my sister said that the doctor probably had to put my arms in a certain position to put the implants in. Day 3 felt much better. My torso was also sore but now on day 7 it is all settling down a bit. Your body has gone through a lot so try to be kind on yourself. Each day will get better. :)

My arms were a bit sore but they were placed straight out in surgery so I put it down to that. My torso was pretty sore as well for the first week or so and I had a little bruise come up at about day 3. All sounds completely normal to me but it's your unsure all your surgeons rooms and ask.